• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer mage....

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Archer mage was my first character in 1999. I couldn't make it work then. Two big problems then was that you had to choose INT or DEX, so either magery or archery would be limited. Second problem was the constant arm/disarm, but that's a non-issue with spell-channeling now.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I guess id have to determine if I wanted to primarily be an archer or mage to figure out the stats... I could toggle them too depending on my mood...increase INT and decrease dex to be more of a mage or vice versa.... and with anatomy it could give me the defensive wrestling too

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've seen a few people with Spellweaving on Archers, but not Magery & Eval Intel. Since Spellweaving doesn't have an accompanying skill needed for damage/effectiveness, it makes it a little lighter on how much of your skill points are being taken up by casting related skills.

As already pointed out, the problem is that with an Archer, you're going to want higher Dex and Strength, so won't have much room for intelligence. Your natural mana will likely be low. A few ways you can offset this are by acquiring gear with +mana stats, using Elf instead of human for the +20 mana bonus, and using one of the masteries that has a passive bonus +15 mana (depending on your template).