• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer Help

G

Ok so I have been making an Archer for the last 6 weeks and added Stealth/ Hide/ Ninjitsu to it over the last week. I will probabally use stones to switch this char between PvM and PvP depending on my mood that day
However I have never played an archer before now and have no Idea really what the best bows/mods are for both PvM and PvP and what types of tactics to use for Ninja archer in pvp.

Any help on temps would be nice as well. I am currently at 710 skills on this accnt.

I

imported_TexasBlack

Hi Hooder you might want to talk to Vortex and Verum about that. I don't know much about bows. Goodluck bro.

G

PVP:
SSI/DI/HLD/Hit Fireball, anything else is a bonus
composite for moving shot
reg. bow for mortal/para
heavy cross for dismount
crossbow for mortal heavy damage

PVM:
Slayers for what you are hunting/hit spell cancels slayer when it hits
SSI/HLD/DI
for PVM chiv is a must
magical short bows for speed(low lvl spawns)
crossbows for mortal on things that can heal(champs/dragons/miasma)
slayer talasmen are very nice to have as well

G

so you are very similar to me although i have tactics instead of ninja skill. you will be very vulnerable so never start an open fight. sneak behind them until they get hurt. usually a stun shot at first does confuse them a lot. if you got enough mana do 2 stuns. they almost dead by then if they dont know how to defend. always stay away so you can hide again if it turns out they are strong. check the places where they farm. sometimes they get hurt and thats your chance

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i thought parablow from a bow or someone with wrestle didn't break from damage like the mage spell para..maybe mistaken tho

G

They changed it a while back. Same with nerve-strike, I think. Even if Verum still gets me with that one regularly.

It'd probably help if I would truly equip for PvP, like wearing armor and stuff.