• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer for Lord Oaks spawn

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello All. Ive been thinking about building a char just to be able to use at Lord Oaks champ spawn. Leaning toward an archer due to the ridges being hard to reach fast enough on my samp to advance the candles. Wondered about template ideas just to be suited toward Oaks and other High Karma monsters. Thanks

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
necro dexxer templates make sense there, since they want low karma anyways. I used to do it on a mace wammy but also had trouble with the ridges (biggest problem with that was it slowed you down)

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So would a necro style archer work well there? Maybe just enough necro for vamp and have max Spirit Speak

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I actually run a vampire archer there with a 100% fire fey slayer yumi and she works pretty well. For Oaks himself and Silvani, get a fey slayer composite bow for AI.
I have bushido and chiv on her, but I am seriously considering dropping it for something else. Using Exodus, I dropped her karma to -32K so the fey aggro on her, making the spawn go a bit faster as well.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@BearCorpse you have any suggestions to a good temp for just the oaks spawn? I saw your vido where you soloed the encounter in less than 30 minutes and right now me and a fighting buddy cant do it that fast with 2 of us

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Does it have to necessarily be a necro archer? I find Vamp Form to be generally a waste on ranged fighters. Wraith form is great for mana leach... but the slow movement can impede you in the event of being swarmed by mobs or a raid. Are you also using necro for other casting abilities?

While I now generally prefer my Sampire for any spawns, I previously would use ABC archer on Lord Oaks and do generally okay there. Granted, we were usually in a group of atleast 4-5. I would also suggest different bows with different set ups to see what works best (i.e., different elemental bows with AI, bows with various hit spells, AOE effects). Once you get into a comfort zone with the different weapons, you can set your macros to be able to change with one button in the event you want to fire up at the ridges and then change back to different weapon for ground level or whatever else you're fighting.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When you have very low karma to cause aggro, vampire form is the only way to survive as an archer.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd like to make a char just for the oaks spawn. Corpse of Bear has a video of him soloing the entire spawn and champ in less than 30 minutes. Me and another friend have problems doing it in 45 with the two of us. Looking for template ideas suited for this champ spawn only.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
usually he shows his template and weapons in his videos...might wanna go there and take a look.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately in that video he doesn't. It's some sort of hybrid temp. He is using archery for level 1 and 2 I think and swords for the rest.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think having high hit area is the biggest thing you could add to an archer. I'd do some research and nail down the lowest average resist of the first two levels and use those for the hit area as 3-4 can be done without much worry.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm mainly looking for something to be able to solo this spawn. I'm running a dragoon now with a fencing samp and we take forever to finish it. After seeing corpse of bear post a video on YouTube on him soloing it bout twice as fast as us 2 can finish. What's the secret??

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
He likely recorded that run before the nerf to the total amount of active monsters that spawn at each stage of the champ spawn.
There used to be a lot more active monsters at stages 1 and 2 of the spawns than there is now.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That might help explain things as far as sheer speed go. Say I went into this spawn with negative karma, would that help me out speed wise? Or would I run into more problems by getting dumped on by those monsters on the ridges that are hard to reach?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Negative karma, 100% fire fey slayer bow with hit area are the way to go to get this spawn moving at the first two stages.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any advice on a good necro archer template? After searching it seems most of the temps I have found are kinda updated unless I missed some newer ones.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know a couple Mystic mages with the fey slayer spellbook in high SDI suits can clear it pretty quick.

Both drop RC then one casts hail storm/nether cyclone while the other does cleansing wind, then swap when one gets low on mana. Comes with the added bonus of being able to teleport onto ledges or put RC on them.