• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Approching Player Names Not Showing after Patch?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have it set to show when they approch. But, after last patch, i;ve noticed several incidents where approching player names not showing up.

Anyone else notice this?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its a strange thing though - i was doing the merchant quest so i was running around town a LOT this afternoon and some of the names would pop up but not all of them.
so that was strange.
youd think it would be all or non not 20% show the rest not.
and it wasnt blue or yellow NPC it was all.

very strange.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the update range was upped to 24 from 18 so I'm guessing the names ARE appearing but just way off screen if you don't have the play area set big enough

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No things are most assuredly wonky now.....

graphics are glitchy now too...and they do not fix when I put the screen size back.

graphicglitch.jpg

No I do not have CoT on...I am standing on the west side of my stairs and I bleed through....

So yay on the new sizes...boo on the glitchiness that comes with it lol

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lotta weird things, I had the names not showing up, thought I saw someone pass me at Daemon Temple running in the opposite direction, checked journal: nothing. And thinking, 'wtf, I'm totally sober!' and then dudes circles around eventually and shows up again and we had a decent fight.

I noticed doing a Trinsic VvV, the teleport tiles on the roof of the big building next to the bank a crystal teleporter plops you in at. The teleporter on the lower roof in the front of the building that takes you to the roof-roof with the other teleporters, the teleporters are underneath the roof tiles and just look like the pale brick.

And the tiles on the VvV altars with the virtue/anti-virtue symbols, the corners of those tiles closest to the center of the altar show up on top of you char now.

Nothing game breaking but still weird stuff that needs tweaking.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I finally placed another house on Siege..I'm TOTALLY into customizing / decoing houses....and I just can't now....it's bad....
bleedingfloor.jpg

My house looks like a layer cake...the tiles are showing through the outside walls...and note by my char...the white that shows from the wall pieces below...

housecustomize.jpg

I tried every floor tile and it does the same thing...

moongatebleed.jpg

I broke the moongate! :/

Hopefully they can tweak it for the next patch :)

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it's just been glitch overall. I will all get worked out eventually

Yes I've noticed it when they run right by you on screen where you can see them names are not showing. Also names are not showing in journal. It's a little unsettling and makes me skittish.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else also notice that the names of corpses "reappear" on screen when they go public now?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The "AllNames" button isn't working either.

Only Green names are showing up when hitting the button, but not blues.

EDIT:
Tried this a few more times in a few places, sometimes it will show blues and sometimes it won't. Can't figure out the pattern just yet.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only names coming up for me are NPC's that have the ability to move tiles. Any stationary NPC (names) are not coming up. :(

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman
Show all names is working for me.
But I don't get approaching players names at all until I hit it.
Classic client default settings here.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Show all names is the only way working for me - it seems like about half the NPCs (blue and yellow) are randomly not showing in the CC, without changing anything. I even went in and fooled with the "show approaching names" settings for both the CC and UOA, and no change.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry just catching up on all the changes. No incoming names are popping up like they used to for me. Im guessing when the devs moved the view able area they didnt realize what it would actually affect. There are so many things related to the 18 tile viewing area there was bound to be a screw up somewhere.

Hope @Bleak and @Kyronix fix this asap.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
actually, the previous client still shows the names properly and it does the big screen sizes ... so ...