• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Apology: Last night's non-event

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Hi Siege.

I must apologise for the lack of an event last night.
I was completely without power for about 24 hours, and I'm suffering severe UO withdrawal symptoms.
Unfortunately, this meant that I wasn't able to run last night's event, or even tell you that I couldn't run last night's event. By the time I'd found out what the cause of the problem was, and how long I'd likely be without power, it was too late to find some public internet spot.

The power to my neighbourhood is now back on. Just in case of a repeat, I have a laptop set up and ready to go, and have already mapped out where all the nearby(ish) free Internet spots are. I truly hope I never need to run an event from my local MacDonalds, but that's the only backup plan I have right now.

So, and I hope you won't mind too much, I will be running last night's planned event tonight instead.
That means we will kick off at 5 pm EST.

And, since this was a complete and utter disaster, I will tell you item-hungry fiends this - this event does not include a drop. Sorry. But come for a good fight, come for some roleplay, come as an excuse not to spend time with THAT weird relative who just dropped by!

See you tonight. I promise.

And again, sorry that this happened. It really was out of my control, but that doesn't make it any better!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well good news for me as I could not make it yesterday. I will try today.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Siege.

I must apologise for the lack of an event last night.
I was completely without power for about 24 hours, and I'm suffering severe UO withdrawal symptoms.
Unfortunately, this meant that I wasn't able to run last night's event, or even tell you that I couldn't run last night's event. By the time I'd found out what the cause of the problem was, and how long I'd likely be without power, it was too late to find some public internet spot.

The power to my neighbourhood is now back on. Just in case of a repeat, I have a laptop set up and ready to go, and have already mapped out where all the nearby(ish) free Internet spots are. I truly hope I never need to run an event from my local MacDonalds, but that's the only backup plan I have right now.

So, and I hope you won't mind too much, I will be running last night's planned event tonight instead.
That means we will kick off at 5 pm EST.

And, since this was a complete and utter disaster, I will tell you item-hungry fiends this - this event does not include a drop. Sorry. But come for a good fight, come for some roleplay, come as an excuse not to spend time with THAT weird relative who just dropped by!

See you tonight. I promise.

And again, sorry that this happened. It really was out of my control, but that doesn't make it any better!
What if you are that weird relative that dropped by?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
welp, the Orcs will win. Less then five minutes in I was ambushed, dry looted, 2nd suit I lost less then a week to bandits, lost my archer suit last week and tonight my tamer loses hers suit. Had not even replaced the archer suit yet. He has been sitting around in his AOS pants and shirt. Now Kenzie is sitting around in her AOS clothing. ahrrh. Such fun, took forever to get her suit.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well after a bit reinforcements arrived and bandits had to retreat and so we killed one of their shaman ! Was a long and hard fight but we won again !... The only problem is that there is another one around (if noone killed it in last hours) and that orcs, i think, will never learn the lesson and i'm sure they will come back to invade us :twak::twak::twak::twak::twak::twak:

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
welp, the Orcs will win. Less then five minutes in I was ambushed, dry looted, 2nd suit I lost less then a week to bandits, lost my archer suit last week and tonight my tamer loses hers suit. Had not even replaced the archer suit yet. He has been sitting around in his AOS pants and shirt. Now Kenzie is sitting around in her AOS clothing. ahrrh. Such fun, took forever to get her suit.
Kenzie's suit was terrible. You can do much better both in suit building and reacting when someone attacks you. I'm fairly certain you stood there thinking I was going to be friendly or something??? Then I don't even think you tried to heal yourself or hide or anything. Just took it. Good boy.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn Critical Gaming ya sound like a real life murderer wanna be, disappointed in the kill of not being freaked out by you? Go catch a buzz and mellow out! ;)

Nothin but luv

Baby Doll :naughty-angel:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I lag out and was almost dead before I could move when I did try to react it was to late, then just as the screen went black from death I lost connection rebooted and came back as a ghost, with a request to pass a murder count. That my story and I am sticking to it.