• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AoS Rose question:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been a while since AoS came out, and I just can't remember how the colored roses came about? Did that have to be chosen in colors, or are they dyeable somehow?

And if dyeable, what with?

D'Amavir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If I remember correctly the AoS roses were character gifts that came out when AoS came out. Colors and text specifics were the same randomness as anniversary Style gifts.

As for if they are dyeable these days, I'm not sure.

House D'Amavir

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can remember the coloured hue roses were a gift for buying the AoS expansion, also came with a selectable piece of blessed clothing like a pair of sandles or a vest, doublet, dress ect. (although the clothes may have been from the gift for the failed launch debacle)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as I can remember the coloured hue roses were a gift for buying the AoS expansion, also came with a selectable piece of blessed clothing like a pair of sandles or a vest, doublet, dress ect. (although the clothes may have been from the gift for the failed launch debacle)
I do remember we didn't buy the expansion, it was forced on us, we woke up one morning and Whoomp! Dere it was!
But I can't remember if the roses came random colors or if they were dyed somehow

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We were able to pick if the rose or clothing item could be dyed, or from one of the set colours. We were also able to pick the inscription on the gifts

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To celebrate the Ultima Online: Age of Shadows launch the UO team offers some giveaways. This is know as the A Gift from the UO team aka AOS gift.
Each char which hasn't take this option is still able to take the following:
An special item with its char name like a sash, a rose and so on.
Also to choose a color and a special tag on it.

All I could find on it on uoguide, this expansion is actually what brought me into the game...found AoS at a second hand store for $4 lol but obviously the gifts had already been chosen.

So it looks like you were able to claim an article of clothing and a rose, color and wording so it seems they can't be dyed as they came that way but I never tried.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can dye the roses with a special dye tub and plant dye

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm okay, I will try again, maybe that wasnt a special tub I was trying

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the roses can be dyed, some cannot. No idea why, just UO code for ya. ;)

I still remember the failed launch.
We logged in and ran like crazy to place New customisable housing in Luna and Umbra....placed!!! Cheered!!!
…...game crashed.....servers down......finally logged back in to see the servers had been reverted and US could log in before Europe so all the Luna and Umbra houses were now taken...….
…...got a neon T-shirt weeks later as an apology with "I survived the AoS launch".....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must have the cannot, bought several diff types of dyes, and nada

oh well, not worth anymore time lol thanks yall for the answers

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A gump popped up that allowed you to choose a piece of clothing or a rose. The window also had a color chart (similar to a dye tub) that let you choose which color you wanted the item to be, or you could check a box that allowed it to be dyable.

Not sure if this link can be seen, but all the windows can be seen here

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes it had a lot to do with what you checked when you got it...

Every once in a while I run across a character that hasn't picked that gift yet and it just keeps popping up.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of my toons still has the plus 5 skill gain i can pick. Been thinking of useing it on item id lol