• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anything we should do before the Production Cities close forever?

• Thread starter imported_Starrfoxx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Starrfoxx

I have a sim in AV and CC. I've upgraded the lot size, got certain objects I'll want to play with, and I guess that's pretty much it.

Is there anything we need to do with those sims in preparation for the "merge" before the cities are closed permanently?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Considering we've had more than 6 months to prepare for any merges, I would hope all there is to do , has been done.

Might want to take alot of screen shots, so if you get homesick you can refer to the photos.

G

I've gotten a lot of items and put them in my inventory that we will need for EA Land. I've also done a lot of building. Just make sure items u need that will break down when u get to ea land u have double of like computers, fridges, dishwashers etc.

G

Your simoleans will be wiped. Fire the maid and gardner. They will steal something if you don't and call you a deadbeat. Then they will refuse to work for you.

I

imported_Dane1980

Thanks for pointing that out Simone! I never would have thought to do that.

One thing I have been doing is buying clothes and accessories, making sure I have everything I want.

I've also been Crafting a lot. Who knows when I'll be able to afford that luxury/risk again?

M

mike1977

Am I missing it...or did they remove the wall phone from the catalog? If so...stock up good in the production cities to bring over to EA Land.

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

First page bottom Row in Appliances

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it isn't there.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

Am I missing it...or did they remove the wall phone from the catalog? If so...stock up good in the production cities to bring over to EA Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wall one, you need to buy from a store.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

Your simoleans will be wiped. Fire the maid and gardner. They will steal something if you don't and call you a deadbeat. Then they will refuse to work for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding, the maid and gardener don't come to your lot, if it's not open.. So why would they steal anything if we are not there?

G

If you are looking at the catalogue in regular cities, the wall phone is in appliances. If you aren't a store owner in EA Land, you won't SEE that wall phone...they stole our catalogue.

I

imported_Mavric

The wife and I moved our sims off their lots and put them on the bullet train. Just waiting for the train to fire up it engines and move out.

Mavric

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding, the maid and gardener don't come to your lot, if it's not open.. So why would they steal anything if we are not there?

[/ QUOTE ]True, but it would sure suck to open up your freshly-moved lot and have the maid and gardener show right up...

G

You ever land at the same time as them? Don't fire them if you don't want to. It was a suggestion.

M

mike1977

Just be careful not to land on your lot from 10am - 11am. But the best thing to do is fire them so you won't forget.

G

TTL

...and dont bother stuffing your tip jars...

Speaking of Screenies, you may want to take screenshots of your bookmark list and friend-web. I have friends on there dating to November 27, 2003 and I want to be able to find them again in EALand.

Take lots of pics of your home, walls up and walls down, just in case. Document your current skill levels. You never know....

F

frogger2

if you have the sim cash...ide just do pet hunts till im poor as poor can and remodel till my home is perfect. have fun in old cities while you can lol EALAND is upon us.

I

imported_SimTripps

I've been doing roof art galore - around 20 roofs in the last couple of weeks or so. A) It's a great way of using up extra cash creatively, and B) the floor tiles are still in their traditional order in the prod cities so they're easy find (in EA Land, they're mixed up all over the place lol...).

B

Bindy

TTL

Has there been any eta on when the merge will happen? I know they are closing the old cities soon but how long will we be without our old sims?

I heard they are having trouble with the merge. Is this merge going to be a fact or is it a maybe that they can do it? Would it be wiser to just move the sims to EALand and not risk losing them forever?

If anyone has any firm info on this please let me know.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The fact is they merged TC to TC3 so there is no reason why they won't merge the other cities. Merges have been postponed due to object bugs.

G

I have decided to spend all my money on various objects to move to EA Land. My lot has been renamed and all the clothing, accessories and random stuff that I stock in my house will be given out FREE in EA Land. Just my contribution to the new city. Not giving out my sim name or lot name. If you find me, feel free to help yourself to the free stuff.

P

Pami

trying to get my bunny signature to work any help or suggestions on it

G

<blockquote><hr>

trying to get my bunny signature to work any help or suggestions on it

[/ QUOTE ]Try this:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
·::::·
(V)
(*(-.-)*)
(_,(")uu("),_)