• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone tried Reforging a Whip?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to get my hands on 5 fencing whips via Event/Barter. Just wondering if anyone tried to reforge them into elemental weapons? With such a low number of whips, I'm very hesitant to do so. Just wondering if its better to wait now. Then see if the Developers have future plans for them. Did the Developers drop hints about Whips in the future?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not worth reforging them with how few there are. The whips REALLY should have been the Recipe drop, with the holiday themed items as the rarer straight item drops. Whips are the only way for Macing and Fencing to get a 1H WW wep without using UBWS.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You will get a 100% fire on the first try and then a 100% poison and think it will repeat on your shard.

At home you will get a lower requirement 70% energy one. Then an 80% cold and Troll slayer...

Good Luck with 3 whips!
Thanks for the heads up! I think I will skip going to TC, and just throw mine away. HEHE Truthfully, with my luck, I will get 100% weapons with the fencing ones I have, and then lower req. on ALL the swords ones I bought!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have gotten some whips as well, and plan to try the same thing in a few days. I will post the results. :)
Probably something like Russian roulette type of thing, on such a rare, hard to get item? I would just sell some of the dang things, or stockpile them and sell in the future, imho.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Probably something like Russian roulette type of thing, on such a rare, hard to get item? I would just sell some of the dang things, or stockpile them and sell in the future, imho.
Yep, exactly. But I bought them,, and am still buying more, in hopes of getting a 100% elemental damage one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya but Keith knows if he hits a 100% fire he will have a valuable weapon. Someone was spamming WTB the Cool Whip on Atl for 250M or more. Dang thing was in Auction Safe for 40M last month...

His would actually be used.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On a related note, what is a "Cool Whip"? My understanding is that it can be any one of the 3 whips, BUT, is 100% cold damage, and is labeled "Cool Whip". I heard people "talking" about them on ATL a while back, but I haven't heard anything about them lately. Can anyone confirm?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it is labeled A Cool Whip. I only know that 1 was found. Was in a safe then in a Auction. Now a regular on Atlantic is looking for it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya but Keith knows if he hits a 100% fire he will have a valuable weapon. Someone was spamming WTB the Cool Whip on Atl for 250M or more. Dang thing was in Auction Safe for 40M last month...

His would actually be used.
ROFL, see my above post. I JUST posted that, and then saw your post! I will buy one if anyone wants to sell. And YES, to imbue and use! In a PERFECT world, I would want 1 of each of the swords 100% elemental weapons I need to imbue with a superslayer, to pair up with the cameos. *goes back to dreaming*

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ROFL, see my above post. I JUST posted that, and then saw your post! I will buy one if anyone wants to sell. And YES, to imbue and use! In a PERFECT world, I would want 1 of each of the swords 100% elemental weapons I need to imbue with a superslayer, to pair up with the cameos. *goes back to dreaming*
Don't know exactly why you'd want the Swords ones. Swordsmanship already has a 1H WW Wep with the Radiant Scimitar, which has Bladeweave and WW. The new Whips are the only way that Macers and Fencers get 1H WW weps without using a UBWS Radiant Scimitar.
I still think that Swords shouldn't of gotten a Whip since it has the Radiant Scimitar. Macing should've gotten a Flail instead with the same specials to thematically fit it, while Fencing would've been the one to get the Whip, since it's always relied upon finesse weapons.

Btw, Cool Whip on Atlantic last month.
Cool Whip.PNG

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't know exactly why you'd want the Swords ones. Swordsmanship already has a 1H WW Wep with the Radiant Scimitar, which has Bladeweave and WW. The new Whips are the only way that Macers and Fencers get 1H WW weps without using a UBWS Radiant Scimitar.
I still think that Swords shouldn't of gotten a Whip since it has the Radiant Scimitar. Macing should've gotten a Flail instead with the same specials to thematically fit it, while Fencing would've been the one to get the Whip, since it's always relied upon finesse weapons.

Btw, Cool Whip on Atlantic last month.
View attachment 92689
The difference is, the whip does 13-17 base damage, as opposed to 10-14 base damage on the Radiant Scimitar. It makes a BIG difference in total damage dealt.