• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone tried a Necromage prespawn nightmare with poison?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im just curious if that would be a good pet?
First train mage to 110, then put on poison - train it to 100, then put on vicious bite then necromage to activate magery again - and get necro on it?

As i calculate the it should land near 600 in hits and str.... Just curious if anyone tried it?

Or will it be too low stats on it to play with?

Currently building a pp nightmare to add poison and vicious bite, - then either put on mage mastery or activate magery again. Just not sure of the mastery - but I think it would be a ok pet to use.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I think you would have to make a lot of sacrifices in stats and maybe other areas (scrolls/regens) to make that pet.

I have a necromage dread spider and although he can be fun to mess around with, the damage output is nowhere near what you get with AI+Chiv.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If I could make a suggestion, plug your pet into the pet calc at www.uo-cah.com and take a look to see what you can do. If you like the build, then run to TC and try it out, to see if you like it.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Currently building a pp nightmare to add poison and vicious bite, - then either put on mage mastery or activate magery again. Just not sure of the mastery - but I think it would be a ok pet to use.
FYI, you cannot add regular magery again. Magery mastery will be your only option. Again, the damage will be nowhere near what you get with Chivalry.

Also, vicious bite is a horrible ability! Maybe you meant venomous bite?

Recommend reviewing this post: Question about a necromage mare

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I have to do lot of sacrifices, - but I was thinking doing it same way as im doing the mare im doing now, with poison then magery...just wondering how the combo of poison + magery + necro would be.
It sure wont be the strongest pet, but it would might be a fun pet to mess around with.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just wondering how the combo of poison + magery + necro would be.
Dread Spiders can get that easily. Train their Poisoning up to GM, then give them Necromage for 1 point, and Poison Breath for 100 points. Poison Breath allows them to re-train Poisoning to GM if they die. At GM Poison, their Poison Strike casts have a 9% chance to inflict DP-Lethal on any target hit by it (including the splash damage).

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Spiders can get that easily. Train their Poisoning up to GM, then give them Necromage for 1 point, and Poison Breath for 100 points. Poison Breath allows them to re-train Poisoning to GM if they die. At GM Poison, their Poison Strike casts have a 9% chance to inflict DP-Lethal on any target hit by it (including the splash damage).
Dont venomous bite also train it up passivly?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Personally, I like poison breath.
It does sounds like an interesting pet build. Using a legacy mare does save some points too.
Might I ask how you are thinking the scrolling will be? Curious for myself

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Dont venomous bite also train it up passivly?
Couple of things..
STR of 600 only bothers me a little. Also yoy need to max damage 24-33 really critical also.
600 hps is not bad. 600 str not so good maybe?
Also do you have access to TC1? If so train the PP mare the way you want there, and test it there first..PP mares are not easily replaceable..

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might I ask how you are thinking the scrolling will be? Curious for myself
At lvl 2 > 3 level resist, stam, dex, mr, - add 110 eval + magery, train magery and eval to 110, - then add poison, train that to 100, and venomous bite, + add what i can to balance it...
lvl 3 > 4 add necro mage
lvl 4 > 5 add rest of scrolls, only 110's, max damage, hpr, sr and deploy rest of stats.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my poisoning nightmare before i go train last level. But - if I do a Poisoning NecroMare, it will look like this... have to take some points off for +10 ss and necro and for dmg increase on last round.

pnm1.jpg pnm2.jpg pnm3.jpg pnm4.jpg pnm5.jpg pnm6.jpg pnm7.jpg

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for sharing.
I would be very interested in seeing how your mare turns out when you are finished and what your thoughts are on this build.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for sharing.
I would be very interested in seeing how your mare turns out when you are finished and what your thoughts are on this build.
I will test this mare before I put rest of stats on it, not sure if I like mage mastery - it dont cast poison so often and seems to burn out mana. I also have a blue that I might go to make a poison necromage on, would be very intresting to try out.

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I did a Poison Breath/Necromage Mare once. With a current 2 slot mare, not a legacy. No scrolls, and he handled everything I asked him to handily. Even did Rend comfortably. I just get frustrated by what Poison Breath does to their AI. I didn't keep him, and I don't remember why, so that says something too. But, I've become re-obsessed neromantic pets lately, and I am LOVING my Necromage dread spider. So, I say go for it. I think you'll enjoy it. Also in regard to mage mastery. I'd put it on a Serpentine with 1000+ int, and just pull that out whenever you have the itch. I know it's cheap to put on pets that come with magery, but at least untill some of the kinks are worked out, its just not worth it. Neromage's AI is FAR superior in my experience.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Necro costs 1501 points you have to put that on before the last round.

You need to pre plan the build.