• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone Still Play?

B

BBurnyeWest

Hello i was just wondering if there was still a decent population in SWG especially in the Australian/New Zealand community. IM looking to start playing but i wont bother if there arent many people to play with

B

BBurnyeWest

Re: ANYONE STILL PLAY

OK thankyou, what is the Jedi/Sith comabt like, is there good RP and PVP

B

BadgerSmaker

OK thankyou, what is the Jedi/Sith comabt like, is there good RP and PVP
At maximum level, if you choose the Dark Path you will be spraying lightning from your fingertips and Force Choking your opponents among many other Dark Jedi abilities.

To find roleplayers in game, try the "/who roleplay" command as this will give you a list of player names who have marked themselves as interested in Roleplaying.

Dark Jedi is very good in PvP, you can read more about Jedi combat here.

B

BBurnyeWest

Thankyou, You have helped me alot. IM still undecided as to whether i should just wait for Star Wars: Old Republic or i should start this game first

B

BadgerSmaker

Thankyou, You have helped me alot. IM still undecided as to whether i should just wait for Star Wars: Old Republic or i should start this game first
The two games are going to be very different, SWG still offers some very unique gameplay in the form of a player drive economy, housing, space combat and much more.

I get the feeling that TOR will be a more mainstream MMORPG, that being the case SWG is well worth trying.

B

BBurnyeWest

Thankyou Badger, also is there region specific servers since im Australian and wouldnt be online when e.g. Americans would

B

BBurnyeWest

I opted to download the 14 day trial program but when i downloaded the first part which was somehting small like 2.47mb i went to my desktop and the Star Wars Galaxies icon was there, i clicked on it and it stated "Program C:\Files\Sony\Station\Station Launcher\Launchpad.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

what's up with that?

B

BadgerSmaker

Hmm, not sure why the download didnt work, you could try downloading station launcher here: http://launcher.station.sony.com/

You can use that to patch SWG and log in with your trial account.

As for Server choice for those down under, Starsider is probably best to start with.

B

BBurnyeWest

So does Starsider have a good population, yeah it still wont let me download this trial

B

BadgerSmaker

So does Starsider have a good population, yeah it still wont let me download this trial
Starsider has the highest population by far.

Were you not able to download SWG with the Station Launcher either?

B

BBurnyeWest

Yeah i tried for hours to figure it out but i can't downloa dit form anywhere.
Also i heard there was a small population of Australians such as myself on Bria called KOALA is this true?

B

BadgerSmaker

Yeah i tried for hours to figure it out but i can't downloa dit form anywhere.
Also i heard there was a small population of Australians such as myself on Bria called KOALA is this true?
I found a guild recruitment thread for them, has contact info in it.

As for the installer errors, what version of windows are you using? You can also try and get support here but I think you have to be subscribed for that.