• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone seeing a large amount of crashes since the last publish?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seams I've crashed a dozen times today... a dozen yesterday.

A girl on 1 account, crashes the client went you log out.

Never saw anything this bad before the publish.

(Not counting in the bad old days. :) Everything was unstable.)

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
When your client has an item in range for which it doesn't have updated graphical data it registers as a fault on your computer. Computers will run with faults but each causes a small system resource drain and when a program exceeds the limit the computer shuts it down. I don't know if this is your problem but I'd be willing to wager you may have a lot of these in or near your home which is why you crash but your neighbor might not.

The typical fix is to check your mul files, make sure you have the new ones but also the legacy ones. If they were over-written during install of the patch you may want to make sure you put them back in there.

Shot in the dark, I have mine and have not crashed in some time. It's the first thing I check when I do crash and it's usually the cause.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I haven't seen crashes but I often lock up when switching characters on the screen... or when i go through a gate... or recall/teleport/sacred journey...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been rashing like crazy since AUGUST'S publish. Though I've had some more non-crash freezes with this one.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I crashed to desktop yesterday morning during my holiday gift shenanigans....all my chars packs were full due to moving house!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not me. Running three all the time. I have seen nothing out of the ordinary for many months.

Have not heard much about crashing in Chat.

It is difficult to fix something that works for some customers.

But they are known to fix things that already work.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know if I run 2 or more accounts I can sometimes have big lag spikes which I shouldn't have but I think that's the EC not being optimized properly... and it could have something to do with Pinco's a bit but at this point meh...

I lock up pretty much everytime there is an EM Event and I travel through a portal... EVERYTIME then when I recall home to my house I completely freeze up after an EM Event especially if there is a drop. I've tried everything from scrapping my UI profile and totally rebuilding it to totally uninstalling and reinstalling both the EC and Pinco's and nothing has fixed it.

So I just learn to deal but it's one of 100 things that tend to infuriate and frustrate me while trying to play UO... the crashes are another one of those things.