• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Anyone remember/know how these robes came to be?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystery Robe.png

I honestly have no clue... and/or forgot. Its been so long. I managed to collect one YEARS ago and lock it down in the museum in my house's basement... along with all kinds of treasures throughout Atlantic's history.

A couple weeks ago, I made a new friend... a returning vet, took a spot in the Red & Purple Mini Mall. He had the same robe! That is him wearing it in the picture. On the floor is mine. He has no clue where he got his robe... as its not exactly uncommon to forget things. :)

Anyone remember? No clue if this was Atlantic or all shards. It simply says "a robe". Nothing more. Ghostly blue. I love it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hard for me to tell in that pic...

but looks like either a slime dyed or an AOS Launch one. What did it say when you hovered over it?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry. I was wrong a little. It only says "robe".

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Slime cloth. Asian shards only, wasnt it? It would be the darkest shade of blue. Same color range of the AOS gift clothing. Not sure how long after the AOS gifts the slimes came out... but I tried it out.

Slime vs Odd Robe.png

Its not the same color. If you look close? Its just off enough not to be the same.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the robes from Umbra necromancers.
It SURE does! Makes me wonder if they could have been dragged out... long-long ago, over that south bridge and had a sticky end.

I know for a fact Umbra Guards could be dragged out... however extremely hard to kill, and the axes looted. They have a blood red color... but that really prized "rare" was spoiled since. I have 3 of those guard axes in my museum.

Old emage robe I have one
And please explain? :) "Emarge" doesn't have a meaning to me. I want to know more.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think any of the evil mage robes were in that neon hue. Most evil mage robes were earth tone reds, blues, greys. Unless we're talking different evil mages; I am talking the ones in Fire or in other places we all used to kill for robes and sandals :D

I really think that robe is from Umbra necromancers but I have no real proof to back that up. I want to say they that you are in the ballpark when you say about the Umbra guard axes. Sounds like the same bug.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Old doggy dupes; dog replicates the npc, kill the dog when its mirrored the npc and loot the robe.. same way many of the oddball hued no mod/named items exist today.

edit.. didnt read the thread archnight posted but yeah explain in there too

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old doggy dupes; dog replicates the npc, kill the dog when its mirrored the npc and loot the robe.. same way many of the oddball hued no mod/named items exist today
Yes! The old Crystalized Dog Trick. :)

Grantet... I've had mine ever since they started... I never would have thought to kill it for such a reason.

Kaelix

Visitor
Ahh sweet sweet evil mage cloth; the best cloth there is.

View attachment 122629
Very nice, I've got a whole slew of crafted pieces as well, At one point I had several vendors with kilt/long skirt, shirt/fancy shirt, and feathered hats so definitely an abundance of those =P Im thinking Im gonna make a post for a price check on my PP blessed pieces, a guy on discord told me 175 each and that just seems insanely low considering they're getting 125-150 for PP blessed NON-Evil Mage pieces.

Alaric

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
@Kaelix The only true way to find the value of such items is to auction. People's random opinions of what they may or may not have seen a year ago wont even be close to accurate. Run an auction on stratics and the market will give you an exact value from the good people that have been collecting it for years.