• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Anyone notice a change in amt of gems/colored ore since latest patch?

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've taken my miner out a few times since the last publish and have noticed a decrease in the amount of colored ore and gems he finds. Pre-patch, I would do a quick circuit in Ter Mur and come back with a healthy amount of colored ore and usually 5-6 gems/crystalline blackrock. Doing the same circuit post-patch, I'd say there's a 50-75% decrease in colored ore and only 1-2 gems or crystalline blackrock.

Maybe I've just hit a rough RNG patch?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, how dangerous is it mining or chopping wood in the SA lands ?

I have not yet done it and am not sure whether there are places to mine or chop that are better (safer) than others...

Any advice ?

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, how dangerous is it mining or chopping wood in the SA lands ?

I have not yet done it and am not sure whether there are places to mine or chop that are better (safer) than others...

Any advice ?
If you want the safest mining, I'd suggest sticking to the rocky areas near the moongate. The only things you'll encounter there are mongbats and snakes. If you go into the highlands or across the bridges, however, it's a different story...

K

Kallie Pigeon

I have been mining right outside of my house only lately so no clue about the crystalline blackrock drops. Everything else seems about the same to me.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been mining right outside of my house only lately so no clue about the crystalline blackrock drops. Everything else seems about the same to me.

Is there any resource which can only be mined or chopped in Stygian Abyss ?

Or everything drops just the same everywhere ?

K

Kallie Pigeon

Is there any resource which can only be mined or chopped in Stygian Abyss ?

Or everything drops just the same everywhere ?
In Ter Mur you can mine up crystalline blackrock (imbuing ingredient). There are ways to get it outside of Ter mur but not mining (except on elementals mined up). If you lumberjack in Ter Mur you get crystal shards which is an imbuing ingredient which you can also get killing things in Stygian abyss.