• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone like World music? *And beautiful Nordic sax jazz, and other jazz? **And free mp3s.

W

Wisty

I've been visiting www.calabashmusic.com for about 10 years -- well, every few to four years. Have to weed through tons of mp3s, kinda fun though. New accounts get a free mp3. Get discounts for buying certain amounts, too. And I've not had a defective mp3 yet. Nice and clean, compared to some of the sloppy ones sold at amazon.com.

I focused on some of my family roots; i.e., Scandinavian and Celtic. But also got non-rooty Japanese Taiko drumming because I love taiko!

I'm not sure I can link to each song? But if anyone is interested, here is my list of ones I got this time. I'm very pleased with them.

So, if anyone is here to read this, fwiw. And sorry for any typos, as usual.

Lost For Words - Corey & Maple
Every Picture - ""

Love Pond - Wolf Larson
Shipyard Shuffle - ""

Don't Dare To Love You - Tirill

Sullan Lullan - Karl Seglem *Really beautiful Nordic Sax Jazz
New Goodbye - ""

Do I Dream - Govinda

Sunset - Sauceton *Beautiful African/Hawaiin blend guitar jazz

Blue Bonnets Over The Border - Natalie MacMaster

Atta Ar Av Krig Ar Vart Ett Brollop - Det Gamia Landet
Tolv Under - """"

Den Dar - Fatang
Kjoltyg - "
Farka-Lasse - "
A-Mollpoiska - "
Bohlinpolska - "
Brannvinspolska - "

Jonas Polksa - Peter Puma Hedlund
Ahkerschottis - """
Iste Kornbodsmarsch - """
Karolinermarsch - """

Harvest - Joji Hirota & The Taiko Drummers
Hokkai II - """"
Heart Beat - """"

Maiden Fromhair - Susan Mckeown

Previously I collected Capercaillie. Kila. Grey Larsen. Susan McKeown. Christina Connell. Warsaw Village Band. Garmana. Gjallarhorn. And others that I can't remember offhand and or which are no longer offered at calabashmusic.

So, have you purchased from calabashmusic? If so, what? *wonders if there is any hope of reviving this forum* Oh well... it's fun trying.

W

Wisty

I'm copy/pasting from calabashmusic.com about free mp3s:

"Get 10 FREE Songs each week!! We're posting 10 free songs every week -- Two new posts every day -- Learn how to get your FREE Songs now...

1. Log in or create a new account

2. Go to our Free Song Playlist Page

3. Click on 'Buy All Songs' Button and songs will be placed in your 'My Downloads' locker

4. Go to 'My Downloads' to download your songs

Our Free Song feature is a great way for us to showcase songs by artists of all genres, from all around the globe. Bookmark this page, and return every week to collect a range of songs from around the world.

Like this idea? Tell a friend. Tell everyone you know who downloads music.

Past songs are archived with links to the artists' music on our blog. Only this week's song are free.

When you find music that really moves you, please honor the artist by purchasing more of their music (just click on their name to be taken to their own page on Calabash) and letting others know why you've become a fan. Your enthusiasm and support for the artists will help this music grow.

Enjoy the music."