• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anyone know?

D

DVI

anyone know the exchange value of gold on prod servers to siege?

i checked several broker sites and couldnt seem to find any currently offering items or gold for sale on siege that i could use for gold value exchange calculations....

C

Cruxshadow

it depends on where you go.

Cybernickel is pretty expensive, about 10:1 , but he is very trustworthy (althoguh sometimes hard to reach)

I think the normal(without broker) exchange rate is about 7:1

Are you looking to transfer gold to or from siege?

D

DVI

im considering moving to a new shard and was considering siege despite having to rework my characters up and wanted to find out how much of my gold i could bring with me...

S

sevan

im considering moving to a new shard and was considering siege despite having to rework my characters up and wanted to find out how much of my gold i could bring with me...
Sorry to hear you are leaving LS. I had presumed you would end up on GL or ATL, since those seem to be the most active shards right now. I was shocked to see you considering siege - if anyone can pull it off it would be you and might give you to challenge/change you are looking for. I myself have never played on siege but have considered starting a new char there to check it out. I am going to do a lot of shard exploring this month ;)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've developed characters on Seige. When I was trying it out and spending a lot of time playing on that shard, I transfered some gold there thru Cybernickel. If I recall I did at least two transactions which both went very smoothly. No worries at all.

S

Stupid Miner

It's active... in the evenings. Only.
If you're not playing then, it's a very dull shard.

Oh, and it's more fulfilling to start from scratch.

D

DVI

sevan,

just a possibility nothings been decided as of yet, but we'll see how it goes.

i generally only play in the evenings in (est) so that wouldnt be a problem of any sort...

if anyone else has feedback on shards or info though im still open to hearing what youve got for me.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sevan,

just a possibility nothings been decided as of yet, but we'll see how it goes.

i generally only play in the evenings in (est) so that wouldnt be a problem of any sort...

if anyone else has feedback on shards or info though im still open to hearing what youve got for me.

Siege is less populated than prodo shards but you can almost always find something to do. And I'll just throw my 2 cents in for Cyber: I've had 3 or 4 dealings with him and he's completely trustworthy.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing on Siege for around 3 years now, though I also still play my Europa characters, depending on my mood. For example tonight I spent an hour killing balrons on Europa with my tamer and a further hour touring Underworld with my statics thief on Siege, including throwing a coin in the fountain. I have a crafter on Siege and find she is very rewarding to play there. I have absolutely no talent for pvp though, but where losing your suit just means you go home and make another one meeting a pk and coming off second isn't really that important.
I didn't bring any gold here from Europa. I wanted my Siege chars to stand on their own two feet. It can also be very refreshing to be a noob again.