• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone know of a free program to convert .avi to mpeg?

A

AshMoney

Im having the problem of not being able to burn my .avi files to dvd, and apparently they have to be mpeg to be able to burn them to dvd...

Well does anyone know of a FREE program to convert .avi files to mpegs? Or even a program that will burn .avi to dvds and be able to play on a regular dvd player?

Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

B

Beer_Cayse

tried CD Burner XP Pro? I've used it quite a bit for audio storage. It should handle AVI fine. I did find that setting up a DVD as a data disk versus an audio disk, I could get a lot more MP3 files on it. Might be the same for AVI as well.

But see if this will help.

B

benjaminshr

Use the "Master Video converter 8.0" to convert the files to any types ... Using this you can convert your files to the following types ..
for example :
.avi , .3gp, .mpeg, .VOB, .mp3, .mp4 , .wmp, .amr, etc ..
I use the same software for converting the files to any one of the above types ..

A

AshMoney

Use the "Master Video converter 8.0" to convert the files to any types ... Using this you can convert your files to the following types ..
for example :
.avi , .3gp, .mpeg, .VOB, .mp3, .mp4 , .wmp, .amr, etc ..
I use the same software for converting the files to any one of the above types ..
Is it a free program?