• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Anyone know about these items?

K

Kratos Aurion

Im not 100% sure on the tambourine but I am close to positive the platemail is ranger ingot armor which I would consider to be extremely rare.

X

Xel Naga

Old item blessed tambourine, ranger armor smelted into plate, used to be illegal dunno about now.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The double blessed instrument would be 'item blessed' from long ago. Since it is not wearable, I would imagine it would run only 50mil or so.

The ranger ingot armor suit could be worth a lot, I am not certain, but would guess since it took 100 ingots to make (present value 5mil ea.) and you can't make it anymore -- 100mil. Yes, that is less than the 500mil you could make from the ingots themselves, but I doubt anyone would pay 500mil for it.

K

Kratos Aurion

couldnt the armor be tokuno dyed with nox green?
You can only dyed enhanced, gm (non-iron) based items aside from artifacts. While the suit is gm, it is iron with only 21 overall resist. Therefore it cannot be dyed. Also nox green is a totally different color than the ranger armor :thumbup1:

K

Kratos Aurion

I can't see it being anymore illegal than coal armor. If it really is illegal I don't even know why. Why would old smelted ingots (which are still sold occasionally) be anymore illegal than any other accepted exploit (sigil, coal, all the mainstream dupes) etc.

Also, Im not sure if ranger ingots still retain their color when used in crafting but I do suppose that its possible this suit is a recent creation IF the ingots were reproduced with the most recent storage dupe.

D

Dmaninuo

I would also be very carefull - the new loot from the invasion forces - matched the color of coal armor, with all the colors - whats to say that shade of green is not reproduced, or very close.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bid 35m for the tambourine if it's on Europa.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see it being anymore illegal than coal armor. If it really is illegal I don't even know why. Why would old smelted ingots (which are still sold occasionally) be anymore illegal than any other accepted exploit (sigil, coal, all the mainstream dupes) etc.

Also, Im not sure if ranger ingots still retain their color when used in crafting but I do suppose that its possible this suit is a recent creation IF the ingots were reproduced with the most recent storage dupe.
Hi there,

its a huge difference between coal ingots and ranger ingots.
Coal ingots are an "evil"gift from 1998(?) and it was possible to make whatever item you wanted to make because you used the ingots currently in your backpack.

Ranger ingots come from an exploit.I do know that coal has been exploited later.
Its not possible to use other ingots than the 9 choosable in the current blacksmith menu.

If ranger ingot plate set is deemed LEGAL ,me wants.
:love:

Regards
The Scandinavian

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If ranger ingot plate set is deemed LEGAL
The ingots themselves have been widely traded in the rares community for a long time now, and not under the table at all. I don't see what the difference is between buying/selling an ingot vs. a plate set.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I totally agree with you.
But I would like som kind of clarification anyway.

Regards
The Scandinavian

K

Kratos Aurion

Hi there,

its a huge difference between coal ingots and ranger ingots.
Coal ingots are an "evil"gift from 1998(?) and it was possible to make whatever item you wanted to make because you used the ingots currently in your backpack.

Ranger ingots come from an exploit.I do know that coal has been exploited later.
Its not possible to use other ingots than the 9 choosable in the current blacksmith menu.

If ranger ingot plate set is deemed LEGAL ,me wants.
:love:

Regards
The Scandinavian
Actually there is virutally no difference between coal ingots and ranger ingots.

Coal ingots are the result of exploiting "coal" ore by smelting them into usable ingots. This was an un-intended result for the "coals" intended purpose to be a evil holiday gift. On the contrary, coal ore was smelted into several ingots, then sold to an NPC at the time who would then restock the ingots in quantities of 999 ingots periodically when the vendor restocked its supplies. Major exploit?

Ranger ingots on the other hand are also an unintended result of smelting ranger armor. I don't know how that even happened but it is in literallity, no different than coal ingots.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
coal ore was smelted into several ingots, then sold to an NPC at the time who would then restock the ingots in quantities of 999 ingots periodically when the vendor restocked its supplies. Major exploit?
I was unaware of that, and it explains why there are such huge quantities of coal armor out there, compared to the very few ores remaining.... and not many people smelted their ore, either. Heck, there are not that many players left from then, anyway.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually there is virutally no difference between coal ingots and ranger ingots.

Coal ingots are the result of exploiting "coal" ore by smelting them into usable ingots. This was an un-intended result for the "coals" intended purpose to be a evil holiday gift. On the contrary, coal ore was smelted into several ingots, then sold to an NPC at the time who would then restock the ingots in quantities of 999 ingots periodically when the vendor restocked its supplies. Major exploit?

Ranger ingots on the other hand are also an unintended result of smelting ranger armor. I don't know how that even happened but it is in literallity, no different than coal ingots.
Hi there,

I played at the time but I was a good player as Im now,meaning I didnt get the evil gift.I would not say that you are wrong because I dont remember anymore.
But I do remember friends buying the ore from people.
And why would the ore not be intended to smelt?
There were no meny or anything,meaning you could melt whatever ore you could find,if they didnt put a restriction on it ofcourse.

My thought is that they were given out to make it possible to make an evil armor set.The sell ingots and buy back thingie ,was that very early after gifts were given out or several years later?

Regards
The Scandinavian

K

Kratos Aurion

To be perfectly honest I only assume it wasn't intended to be smelted only because it was a "unique" holiday item. It may or may not have been. But I do know that the ingots themselves were exploited using the vendor technique which is why theres so many suits available.

L

Lord Mercer

Yes I seem to recall an exploit with coal ore. You could take regular ore and combine it with a peice of coal ore, and your entire pile or normal ore turned black. It did not retain the coal ore label though. This was around the same time you could still smelt the ore into ingots.

I have no opinion in this debate about the ingots, i just wanted to throw in a bit o history since no one else did.