• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone know a fix for the following 2 annoying problems?

G

Hello,

I've come to the end of my tether

When I mouse over some things my cursor flicks left and right repeatedly making targetting stuff impossible sometimes.

Also, I just opened a gate and spent its entire lifetime double-clicking it and only getting the 'your spirit lack cohesion' message until it disappeared.

Does anyone else suffer from these problems and/or know a way to stop them happening?

Thanks!!!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hello u

1. i can't help with, maybe a mouse prob, if its an optical mouse keep base clean!!!!!!!!!!

2. keep well fed, i find if i have probs with gates, too many quick travels etc, i have a snack then i am fine, try it see if it works for u

G

when you cast a gate, don't try to go through it till the sound stops. I read this a while ago and found it works. I've been 'double gating' when hunting since the bos nerf with very few problems.

G

haai i had the same problem with my mouse a while ago though it would happen when ever it felt like it and not just with uo, so i got a new mouse and its been working fine

G

Thanks for the replies. I know it's not a problem with my mouse as it's been doing it for a couple of months now and I've changed mice and desks sice then too.

I'll try the eating/waiting thing with the gate next time I do a bit of travelling and see if that works.
Thanks

G

dunno if it would help, but there's an option in the paper doll stuff 'run mouse on a seperate thread'. Wouldn't hurt to try it I guess?

G

Tried that first, I thought that might have been the reason, but it just causes my mouse to move REALLY slowly and it still 'flickers'... maybe it's time for KR......

I

imported_Wishbone

<blockquote><hr>

Tried that first, I thought that might have been the reason, but it just causes my mouse to move REALLY slowly and it still 'flickers'... maybe it's time for KR......

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't, go there, it's a mouse conflict that stops me from even running KR, and no I am not going to change it...*hugs Razor Copperhead Mouse &amp; G15 keyboard*

G

Heh, I keep giving KR a go every now and then, after the last patch it seems a LOT mroe stable and smoother than ever before. Still love 2D and it will take something special to make me change client (i.e. the removal of 2D lol). My necro looks cool with the undead RP skin though

For now it's 2D ftw!!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

keep well fed

[/ QUOTE ]

From the latest update on Food &amp; Cooking

<blockquote><hr>

Food and You
Hunger: Your hunger level determines your ability to eat certain food. If you are too full, you will not be able to eat additional food until you become more hungry. Hunger is increased by losing and then naturally regenerating hit points. Hunger has no effect on any other in-game calculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note the last line

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

That has been the message for years, hunger has no effect.... But someone, I think a guy/gal who wrote about his quest to one-hit kill a WW, wrote his personal experience was different. To him/her it seemed food mattered.... Can't hurt to keep well fed we guess.
Weird thing is, some chars are ALWAYS too full to eat more, have been riding around with the same fishsteak for years. While for example out new(er) tamer can eat and eat and eat, hard to satisfy her!

G

hunger has an effect on stamina

Low stamina has an effect on other things, taking damage from hits for a start.

G

On food, I'm not going to dispute one way or the other.
The devs have stated that there is no deeper significance to hunger level than the ability to eat food, although mistakes can happen, especially with the sort of spaghetti code the devs are dealing with.
Though, as a counterpoint, it's about as likely that the perceived connection is born of superstition.

On the subject of the "Your spirit lacks cohesion" message. I recall the delay was an artificial one, introduced to counter an issue with people being able to gate travel limitlessly.
Potentially, it had something to do with people running through a pair of gates in proximity over and over again. Though I have no evidence for that.
Anyway:
1.) There's the prior dev statement that hunger doesn't affect anything.
2.) Jeremy clarified the cohesion delay, at one point, and made no mention of hunger.
3.) As an artificial delay, there's no logical reason for them to allow it to be circumvented by an arbitrary system.

G

RTLFC

It's not the delay that bugs me, I can handle not being able to run through multiple gates repeatedly - why would someone want to?! lol. It is annoying that I can open a gate and not be able to travel through it the entire time it is open, either by running back and forth through it or double clicking it, it just will not let me pass through sometimes.

Food maye have an indirect effect on stuff simply because it takes a roll of the RNG out, same as cutting some cloth or opening a container or performing any action. I doubt it has any direct effect though. My fencer hasn't eaten in 2 years and she's always ful

G

Okay, I know what's happening. If I have my paperdoll or a container overlapping the actual game window and I move the mouse cursor from my character and move it towards the paperdoll/container, that is when it starts flickering.

Why is beyond me but that is how to get it to happen!