• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone have the sixty nine High Seas fish in one alphabetical list?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to label some boxes to sort these into as I catch them. Anyone already done such a list?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno about an alphabetical list but I do know about this:

Fishing in the High Seas - Old Stratics
This is multiple lists like UO Guide and not all of them are in alphabetical order. I did the list ages back but that backup flashmem wasn't with the others when I went to get the list. May just have to haul off and do it again, my current two finger typing style. Won't be fast. *sighs*

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You better double check it. I just pasted into Word and arranged them into alphabetical order using the sort feature.

Abyssal dragon fish:
Amberjack:
apple crab:
Autumn Dragonfish:
Black marlin:
Black sea bass:
Blood lobster:
blue crab:
Blue grouper:
Blue Lobster:
Blue marlin:
Bluefish:
Bluegill Sunfish:
Bonefish:
Bonito:
Brook trout:
Bull Fish:
Cape cod:
Captain snook:
Cobia:
Crag Snapper:
Crusty lobster:
Crystal Fish:
Cutthrout Trout:
Darkfish:
Demon Trout:
Drakefish:
Dread lobster:
Dungeon Chub:
Dungeon pike:
dungeoness crab:
Fairy Salmon:
Fire Fish:
Fred lobster:
Giant Koi:
Giant samurai fish:
Golden tuna:
Gray snapper:
Great Barracuda:
Green catfish:
Grim Cisco:
Haddock:
Holy Mackerel:
Hummer lobster:
Infernal Tuna:
king crab:
Kingfish:
Kokanee salmon:
Lantern fish:
Lava Fish:
Lurker Fish:
Mahi mahi:
Orc Bass:
Pike:
Pumpkinseed Sunfish:
Rainbow fish:
Rainbow trout:
Reaper Fish:
Red drum:
Red grouper:
Red Snook:
Redbelly bream:
rock crab:
Rock Lobster:
Seeker fish:
Shad:
Shovel-nose lobster:
Smallmouth bass:
Snaggletooth Bass:
Snow crab:
Spider Crab:
Spiney lobster:
Spring dragonfish:
Stone Crab:
Stone fish:
Summer Dragonfish:
Tarpon:
Tormented Pike:
Tunnel crab:
Uncommon shiner:
Unicorn Fish:
Void crab:
Void lobster:
Walleye:
Winter dragonfish:
Yellow perch:
Yellowfin tuna:
Yellowtail Barracuda:
Zombie fish:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you keeping them to fill the fishing orders?
If so, my suggestion is sort by Shallow Water Fish (12), Deep Water Fish (18) and Dungeon Fish (12) which is what the orders call for. You only need one container for each of them and it's very handy and quick to fill orders having them sorted this way.
I also have one container for Crabs and Lobsters (12) plus I keep my traps in that same box.

As for the special fish I keep only the largest of each and put them either in plaques or on the walls of my fish house. Rest are cut up to make Fish Pies.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If so, my suggestion is sort by Shallow Water Fish (12), Deep Water Fish (18) and Dungeon Fish (12) which is what the orders call for.
I also have one container for Crabs and Lobsters (12) plus I keep my traps in that same box..
Same here.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My style was 6 fish types to a box, fifteen boxes. Twelve of fish in alphabetical order, one of crab, one of lobster, and one of the four small fish types and any strays.

Just redid Tanivar's garden house and put eight footlockers along one side behind the apple trees to sort my single fish box into for when I start doing the quests here on Siege. His skills 80 something and I'm going to get back into training it. Combats getting a bit to ouchy so I'm getting back into crafting where I don't need to move fast. There is stuff that sells well enough to keep the vendors from quitting, all I really need. *chuckles*

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to Victim guilting me into organizing..... and a whole lot more display cases I decided to go this route with the fish and lobsters. And am planning on laying them out in alphabetical order in the cases. Mainly because if there is a box, crate, chest or container of any kind in my houses they will eventually become a 125 item catch all............ with the best intentions of sorting it all later........ in some cases later has been 20 years now and still not sorted :) One space on the cases will be for a box that will have my hooks, traps, baits and fisherman suit. Easier for me to have them laid out locked down than to hover over chest and just unlock them, take what I need and lock them back down. Just started this project yesterday after remodeling the ATL Wolf house, since about all I do on ATL is fish and kill pirates.

fish.png

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Parnoc said; sort by location, shallow, deep or dungeon water. Three baskets per type, so you don't have to look under fish to find fish! A basket each for crabs & lobsters. My fisher keeps hers in the bank, else the rest of em complain :p

@Victim of Siege - BOB!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Certainly need to not post anymore right after waking up in the computer chair after passing out from an allnighter in game. I had been running dual client most of the prior day and all night training Landreu in Alchemy so he and Tanivar could both work at making fuses side by side and make it go faster and that gap on the right is where the second client had been visable for easy clicking on to change clients. If I'd logged out the other client all you would have seen is pool table in the screen shot.

I doubt they will erase any posts, one shows a knee, the other other a face. :rolleyes2:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I , for one, am not the least surprised.and no, it's not because you stole my New Mag stall, you just strike me as the kind...ibtl
I did not steal your New Mag stall dude. C-1 was empty when I bid on it. Have fun with it next week, I'll be off to another spot as soon as I win the bid on one the following week. Sheesh...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not steal your New Mag stall dude. C-1 was empty when I bid on it. Have fun with it next week, I'll be off to another spot as soon as I win the bid on one the following week. Sheesh...
Keep it, just admit that you stole it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, and back on the original subject, remember that none of the special fish stack. So, sorting alphabetically breaks down for more than individual display items.

IF you sort, sorting needs to be one way for easy use (The 12/18/12/12 method that everyone suggests), while reserving alphabetical sorts for more esoteric things like displays. In fact, while alpha sort may sound nice, an actual sort by body type tends to actually look better for displays (and sub-sorts by body type for the order/BOD-like fish quests, within the "sorted by water type" boxes).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been sorting my Siege fish out today, bigger task than I planned on since they are scattered all over Siege :) First two rows from the top are the 18 Deep Water Fish, next row and first display of the 4th row are the shore fish. 6 crabs will go in the empty displays. Moving to the second floor. First two Displays on the N wall will be the Lobsters. Then the 12 Dungeon fish, Then bag in the displays with the 13 Enchanted fishes with one of each enchanted under the bag. then the 3 rare crusties. 3rd floor is going to be the mounted big ones and legandaries and display cases with the unmountables. Might not be a style for everyone but it is what I have found to work best for me. It does take up one of the bigger Port Tyr houses though.

fish1.png fish2.png

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been sorting my Siege fish out today, bigger task than I planned on since they are scattered all over Siege :) First two rows from the top are the 18 Deep Water Fish, next row and first display of the 4th row are the shore fish. 6 crabs will go in the empty displays. Moving to the second floor. First two Displays on the N wall will be the Lobsters. Then the 12 Dungeon fish, Then bag in the displays with the 13 Enchanted fishes with one of each enchanted under the bag. then the 3 rare crusties. 3rd floor is going to be the mounted big ones and legandaries and display cases with the unmountables. Might not be a style for everyone but it is what I have found to work best for me. It does take up one of the bigger Port Tyr houses though.

View attachment 75693 View attachment 75694
So fill a fishing order you have to walk around and select your fish, unlock it, take what you need, relock it down? Seems awful cumbersome to me let alone making a quick mistake and forgetting to lock it down and lose all your species of that fish.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So fill a fishing order you have to walk around and select your fish, unlock it, take what you need, relock it down? Seems awful cumbersome to me let alone making a quick mistake and forgetting to lock it down and lose all your species of that fish.
No more cumbersome than hovering over boxes and pushing the secure/unsecure keys is less effort, why would I forget to lock it back down? And like I said "It is what I have found that works best for me." Might also work better than the bags and boxes for a few others as well. But you see a box or bag for me has a big sign on it that says DROP JUNK HERE CATCH ALL. So then I would be sorting through 121 things other than fish to find the fish....... Kind of like am doing on Siege now :)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 75693 View attachment 75694
WTF Tyrath. Fix your walls and display cases colors.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Did some thread clean up. Let's stay on topic and keep it clean, please.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did some thread clean up. Let's stay on topic and keep it clean, please.
Glad I added the wall of pics drawing and the dragon to my lockscreen collection last night. Is there a spot on Stratics we can exchange off topic wallpapers? I'll gladly start a great wallpapers topic thread there. I've never seen those two turn up on searches for new wallpapers and I'm curious what other masterpieces others might have. :)

Now I'll stop derailing my own thread... *ducks into Sea Raven's hold* :grin: