• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone going to try WAR....

• Thread starter kennykilleduo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
K

kennykilleduo

Just wondering if any UO players are going to try or play WAR..Another question ( without violating NDA, which you won't by saying yes or no ) , have any UO players got into beta?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way.Im going to assume that, in a couple of years,it will be treated just as badly as UO is. There is no point of starting to establish a community with a company that has a track record such as EA.

P

packrat

No way.Im going to assume that, in a couple of years,it will be treated just as badly as UO is. There is no point of starting to establish a community with a company that has a track record such as EA.
Same answer as above..

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nope. I'm tired of the level treadmill EQ/WoW/LotR/etc motif.

I'll keep waiting for something that uses and expands on the mechanics concepts of UO and enjoy UO in the meantime.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering if any UO players are going to try or play WAR..Another question ( without violating NDA, which you won't by saying yes or no ) , have any UO players got into beta?
Whats the main fan forum for WAR? Its obviously not stratics going by their WAR section.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are rushing the release. Beta players are saying it isn't ready. It is going to turn into another mediocre MMO. EA isn't going to be happy.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd think they'd learn by now it's not good to rush unready releases after so many times it's bitten them.

Kinda sad so many of those times were Ultima-related, tho. :|

E

ElRay

**** no

Take a look at this game that has been run by EA devs for the last few years, its been nothing but FAIL.........hacks,dupes, cheats all on a consistant basis.
Nothing has ever been done about the pvp hacks over the years, dupes, lol take a look at the latest fiasco, round 27 with duping anyone?

They have already pulled SO much content out of WAR already, for pure marketing purposes(WOW expansion pack opens up around same time as WAR)...I can guarantee that it will not be ready for opening day.

Can you say FLOP?:next:

E

Eslake

Why bother?

As others have already pointed out, the testers are saying it is absolutely not ready for release, and they're going to release it anyway.
That tells me exactly how the game will be run.

And from what I've been told, the best thing about the game are its graphics, so why pay money for it? Just go look at the screenshots on the site and save all that $ on subscriptions. :p

S

Sarphus

I'm not. I figure any new MMO will just be another addiction engine like WoW.

No Thanks...

E

ElRay

I highly doubt any UOers will try out WAR, just from the way they have been treated in UO, by EA devs....

What can they expect though really? After shatting on this client base for so many years, do they expect UOers to go skipping to WAR like its Heaven itself?

**** no, those disgruntled people will never touch an EA MMORPG again

And case in point, in a classic EA move, they will release WAR, way before it should be released, the players that join will be paying beta testers(HMMM WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THAT BEFORE?),

AND,(as already mentioned) the game has had alot of its content removed already, just to try and make it out the door faster

That smell like a biiiig flop to me, where everyone should just move on to the :next: MMORPG

R

ravenwaves

They are rushing the release. Beta players are saying it isn't ready. It is going to turn into another mediocre MMO. EA isn't going to be happy.
Well allow me to refute that without breaking the NDA by saying beta player saying it is ready for release.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.
After seeing how EA manages their MMO's, no F'king way thank you.

I'll stick with WoW happily, at least they normally add new and exciting content and there is an expansion with amazing gameplay changes and MONTHS of new content out of the box coming up, not counting future patch additions.

A

AesSedai

- Dermott, Dor, and Sarphus already used my replies ;)
Err, um, I'm inclined to agree with what they said.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope...
And neither will the two kids, nor the wife.
When the kill UO, we will be washing our hands of EA and Mythic.
The son, doesn't even want to by Madden football anymore, go figure :p

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was dissapointed by the last couple maddens too Uriah. Ever since they got exclusive rights to the NFL properties its been epic fail.

But as far as War, I think I'll try it but I think its going to be just like EA and ran into the ground.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was dissapointed by the last couple maddens too Uriah. Ever since they got exclusive rights to the NFL properties its been epic fail.

But as far as War, I think I'll try it but I think its going to be just like EA and ran into the ground.
BackBreaker is looking so much better than Madden. I don't think its due till Q2 next year though.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope...
And neither will the two kids, nor the wife.
When the kill UO, we will be washing our hands of EA and Mythic.
The son, doesn't even want to by Madden football anymore, go figure :p
That's funny, because I was going to buy Madden 09 until some recent and not so recent displays of sheer lack of customer service from EA. I'm not playing anymore of their games. I'll stick with UO for awhile but I certainly won't pickup another one of their MMO's.

EA gets no more of my money except for my two remaining UO accounts until they show some dedication to customer service in general.