• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] anyone get this to install in linux?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use kr and 2d with uoassist just fine.
when i click on the exe it extracts some files, then it opens the setup program.
i select the drive to install to and it says.

available space 581GB required space 1.8gb
the install folder is not valid.

it wont let me click next.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone know if its' possible to just copy the files from another PC without running an installer?

C

Cloak&Dagger

does anyone know if its' possible to just copy the files from another PC without running an installer?
Technically, yes you can...Not sure if it works via copy from windows to linux.

Well, I am not completely sure actually, I know you can do it with out Running the patcher, but I ran the installer then copied the files...so maybe not.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im going to test to try to pach then copy the files from a windows pc.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good news, after patching on a windows pc and copying the SA folder to linux, it runs just fine under wine..

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Hell, I tried that last night and got no where. . .

I'll try again. You just copied the whole folder?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm I'm one version behind. I'll upgrade this weekend and see what happens. Thanks!