• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone familiar with Microsoft Office Front Page 2003 Help Please Thx.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning .. this computer dummy deleted the index icon in the Web Page file while working on uploading pictures to my free website from Telus Telephone Co.

Now, how to do I create another Index icon? I think they call it a home page file by other names.

I sure hope there's a Computer Geek out there who can help! Microsoft's idea of support is to make me pay for their hired professional help to solve such a simple issue.

I can't upload the web page to my Web Site File Manager without that index icon thus I can't post pictures on the web site.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of the icon graphics for windows are stored in shell32.dll

or do you mean he deleted index.htm?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of the icon graphics for windows are stored in shell32.dll

or do you mean he deleted index.htm?
Thanks for replying. I am stuck on this problem.

I deleted the index.htm in Microsoft Office Front Page when I was trying to delete a few pictures posted on my website files.

I found the following in Microsoft HELP:

Rename the default index.htm file to index.html When you create a Web site, Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 automatically names the home page index.htm.

In most cases, it does not matter if the home page is named index.htm or index.html.

However, if your situation requires you to rename the default home page from index.htm to index.html, follow this procedure:
  1. In the Folder List, right-click the index.htm file, and then click Rename. If the Folder List is hidden, on the View menu, click Folder List.
  2. In the Rename box, type index.html.
Important Always use this procedure when renaming the index.htm file to index.html. If you rename a file or folder by using Microsoft Windows Explorer, hyperlinks to and from that file (or files in that folder) will not be repaired automatically. FrontPage 2003 automatically repairs any hyperlinks to or from the renamed file (or files in the renamed folder).
Seems I changed the file name ok .. a folder above all the entries... but that didn't put the index.htm icon back into the list of items in that folder where it needs to be.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is correct. I see a lot of this with our web team at work. They will yell at me when a website breaks, and it turns out someone has renamed something without checking all the crosslinks...