• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone ever played more than one or two successful D&D sessions in the UO client?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In my time playing UO, I've seen quite a few people try to start a D&D campaign. Anyone ever have any success?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been on a Critical Role kick. I've been listening to it while gaming/working. I've never actually been in a D&D group. I buy the books and love reading them, but have never actually played.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never have.. though it's not a bad idea, though. I usually use Campaign Cartographer and Arkenforge to make my maps; never considered a gaming client.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use a lot of my UO characters in my DnD campaign but unless all your players downloaded UO it could never work currently we use roll20 for our games

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to promote free shards, but emulators are perfect for D&D. The DM is the GM, you can control the game completely hidden, transport players to and from, create monsters on the fly etc...you can set up your own server and give access to only your inner circle..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In my time playing UO, I've seen quite a few people try to start a D&D campaign. Anyone ever have any success?
I've considered it many times... but never played it out. I agree with @GarthGrey though... would be easier on a free server...

I had really considered it when we had a PEC... but since that's gone and probably never coming back... Only an EM would be able to do anything like that... and that would probably be limited.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's quite a few free shards that facilitate this. I myself have been playing one lately. Check out the UOEmu section of Stratics for more details as I have been promoting an RP shard there quite a bit. I just posted the story of my first character there the other day.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's quite a few free shards that facilitate this. I myself have been playing one lately. Check out the UOEmu section of Stratics for more details as I have been promoting an RP shard there quite a bit. I just posted the story of my first character there the other day.
no u

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I tried it on an UO emulator about 20 years back with my d&d group.
6 PC's and 1 Linux-Server in one room :p
But it was like herding cats. Every one was running in every direction and acting like playing PAC MAN. Fun but no d&d session.
Nowadays i'm using Fantasy Grounds where you can restrict the players movement;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your DM would need total control of the game and IMHO I wouldn't trust the RNG for anything.