• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone elses boat seem to just randomly reposition itself sometimes ?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title brings me to the question of when was the drop anchor command removed ?

Also, before it's asked. Yes I'm sure the boat was not moving when I departed it. But I've had this happen twice now. No real big deal but am curious none the less.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More than likely you have the security settings wide open, and someone moved it. They don't drift on their own.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noticed same thing with a small boat once that doesn't have that feature and ramps were locked. Also, both times had stuff in hold that wasn't touched or moved. But ya, this last time was with an ORC ship and AFAIK, can't get on it without the rune that only I have, same for the sm boat that still uses keys.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there are certain areas of the map that are no boat parking zones and there's a good chance you were in one of them and didn't realize it like below magincia

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are certain areas of the map that are no boat parking zones and there's a good chance you were in one of them and didn't realize it like below magincia
Very good chance your right. First time I don't really recall what I was near but this last time, I was out from the moonglow docks. Didn't think I was that close though.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you parked your boat directly at Seamarket's Docks than you'll be moved server-up by system. Pershaps you parked your boat there?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the first time because I know I was there a few times and did have to exit the game abruptly but don't recall if it was from the docks or somewhere else.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's unfortunate, but in Trammel people get away with Boat Parking Murder.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tokuno has a "no parking long time" law too, it will move your ship quite a ways out to sea. I think several places have this rule, it would be nice if someone who knows all of them would post which ones.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, best I can tell... the standard seems to be anywhere within 100 "ticks" of a dock.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds good. Your ship gets placed away from docks after some time period. Some docks have the bouys, you cant stay inside those.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tokuno also. I dont use any others. Prob to allow new boats to place at the docs.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I used to have a house on New Mag just above the docks.
And if I parked my ship next to the shore it would throw it out to sea.
However, the house above could park their ship next to their house (2nd house above the docks, along the coast)