• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else having this poblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dinaj

I cannot log in ... first it says castnet error, then I retry and it tells me the updater is not updating .... then I try to log in again and I get a pop up saying the update selected is not the update expected or my computer is infected with a virus (it is not) ... this happens over and over ....

C

Cruz Cavera

Yes, there is a post already about this in the "Technical Advice" forum.

G

This error is associated with port 80 not being completely open. There are a few possibilities as to what my block ports.

Your ISP may have the port blocked on their end. You can contact them to determine and remedy this.
If you have firewall software, such as Zone Alarm, it may be blocking ports.
Disable the firewall and try to play TSO.
If that doesn't work you may consider removing the program and trying to play TSO.
If you have a router, make sure that you have it set up so that it does not block port 80.
You may have to contact your ISP or individual firewall/router manufacturers for full instructions on configuration their products.

G

That sounds good and all, but - in reality, if your Port 80 (HTTP) is blocked, you're not going to be able to read this page to be able to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.