• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else hate flying monsters?

G

I swear they really irk me. I was trying to kill one of those angel men from the event with my cu, and every time it got red lined, it flew off, healed its self, and then came back... I swear i was chasing the thing around for 20 minutes before i just got sick of it.

Sorry just venting.

G

there pretty ruff. i was just running in circles around the event and one hit me for 48 like i touch effect from 2 tiles. spawn on atlantic was intence today and not many players were present. i dont think people like the spawn rate of shadow lords.

G

Unless it is a mongbat ..............I have NEVER liked flying monsters.

They HATE ME !!

When UO created the new classic homes, I was happy with the design of the then new white marble. So I place one...and lo and behold GARGOYLES flew in the arch at me. I had to slap up easels to try to block their flight path..and in the end MOVED !

I don't like flyers
DARK WISPS Siege ..they find me never fails !

A thousand players can run around east Umbra and not a one of them gets a gargoyle from the decaying doomy forest BUT ME...they can be 12 miles out by DOOM they zero in on ..just me by east Umbra nearly in town BaM there be one on my tail.

I don't like daemons ..I kill em on sight on Chesapeake just cuz they ANNOY me flying.

I dont like dragons...:) dont like tamers that forget their pets in towns till they go wild...to me though dragons should remain noble and wild..WWs especially. BUT they dont like me either.

And these weirdo fallen angels in Glow.............pfft the wisps got me first flying at me then them.

noooooooooooooooo I dont like flying beastie monsters..unless it is a cute mongbat !!

I DO like PIXIES though !
LOTS of em surrounding me yes I lub pixies they CUTE !

G

Flying monsters are a challenge. And it is a good thing. They fixed most corpse issues when you <u>do</u> kill them, and that is what annoyed me the most about flying monsters, when we couldn't always get the corpse ;d.

I really hate the winged guys, though. In fact, since the essence don't give any items, i have 20 of each of the winged guys stuff, and i have a complete set of wisp threads, i've lost interest in the event. Oh, a few cloaks as well. Yeah, bad of me to be so item conscious, but really, this plot isn't my bag. I haven't felt like I was accomplishing something from the UO quests in a long time. Still waiting to "choose sides!"

The Shadowlords should broadcast their arrival, and temporarily be immune to all attacks to allow everyone to get there for a chance on loot. I guess if they can't be attacked with blackrock anymore then it is fair enough, because they won't die too fast.

I

imported_Skrag

An enemy which has decided to run away will change its mind, if you double-click their HP bar in war mode again. You know, if you "attack" them again. Of course they may decide to run again immediately, but just keep clicking that HP bar constantly and they'll come back to be finished off.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

An enemy which has decided to run away will change its mind, if you double-click their HP bar in war mode again. You know, if you "attack" them again. Of course they may decide to run again immediately, but just keep clicking that HP bar constantly and they'll come back to be finished off.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck trying that on a tamer. you may be the one to be finished off

G

The flying part is not so bad it's the flying on and into buildings and out again . If they were to use a big open window well.. then that's another story. Also if they were to wait till they are hurt badly to escape then like a lame bird I have watch the cat oh so banefully "play" with in the yard, it should be slow and less agile.

If you want to keep it from healing try tossing out a couple of poison feilds to stop the super fast uninteruptable spells of healing they cast at will.

I have also found that a macro for attack selected will make them fly right back to you.. BEWARE this and lead to meeting your arese with your face.

I personally have set up a couple fire fields which I stand in and then toss out a couple poison feilds holding in my marco and they come right back to you and unable to heal..

C

Connor_Graham

It drives me batty when they fly INTO the rooftops, so even though I'm an archer, I lose LoS on them, and can't continue to hit them. I had one yesterday heal itself almost to full health by flying into a roof, then staying there and spamming GH on itself.

G

I got my super dragon trained up. Now, whenever the birdmen try to fly away, he fireballs them for 150-175 damage! They don't fly long when their feathers are burnt off.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I hate this also I was fighting one and almost had it dead and it flew inside the building through the dam roof by the time i got around to the door it had healed Rggg pisses me off and to boot it was casting energy bolt at me but i cant shoot at it :-(