• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Anyone Can Live Stream to Stratics Forums! (Cross Posted)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics is pleased to announce that all users may submit their live streams to appear on Stratics Forums! This feature was previously only available to Stratics Pro members, but recent technological improvements to our forum software has allowed us to make this benefit available throughout our community.

We currently support the following streams:
  • Livestream
  • Twitch.TV
  • Justin.TV
  • Hitbox.TV
  • Ustream.TV
  • CybertGame.TV
  • Dailymotion
To submit your channel, click "Streams" in the top menu, then click "Submit Channel" (shown below).

Once submitted, your channel will be hidden until approved by a moderator. Happy streaming!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how many in this community know how to or wish to stream what they're doin'... Hope I'm wrong, but we'll see... ;)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm trying to make changes and improvements. Investing whatever time and resources I'm able. Doing what I can. :/

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics' Twitch channel was used to stream closed beta for WildStar and Elder Scrolls Online recently, per special permission from the developers. We had hundreds of viewers tuning in. Syiler, our WoW Managing Editor, frequently tops a thousand live viewers. With the right content and personalities, it can be pretty fun--especially if everyone's drinking!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to make changes and improvements. Investing whatever time and resources I'm able. Doing what I can. :/
I think that it will fly, once people: A) Understand the concept - and - B) People post links to how they could actually do it. (I have old UO players tell me they don't want to learn Windows Paint for pete's sake)...

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Here's the steps!
  1. Download OBS: https://obsproject.com/. This will be the desktop software that will allow you to broadcast your favorite game(s).
  2. Create an account on http://twitch.tv.
  3. Enter your Twitch.TV credentials into your OBS, launch your game, follow the OBS instructions for broadcasting your game to your twitch.tv channel (e.g., http://twitch.tv/stratics)
You can submit your Twitch.TV channel to Stratics via the instructions above.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Taylor Can we have a way to click away the stream notification? Make it similar to notifications so the BRIGHT GLARING NUMBER goes away after clicking to see who is streaming? I know, first world problems :p

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
See the thread in the Suggestions and Bug Reports forum.