• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone been to UO Japan site lately?

K

Kurgan

I love on the pic of the girl, it says
18 year old on it...
Yeah the widget thing. I DL it, but it is all in Japanese.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is Ultima doing in Japan these days? I can't imagine too bad with the decent local support they get.

S

Suggestor

too bad these pics in the wallpaper link has nothing to do with in-game graphics in UO. the pictures are rather misleading if they do not appear anywhere in the game itself. i really wish to have an character that look like that (both paperdoll and avatar).

oh yes, i had to comment on this also. The KR sample pictures provided are really cool! For some reasons, those sample pictures bring back old memories that i had for UO. While I hate to use KR for combat situations due to various bugs, I will make it a point to explore the hedge maze (as shown in the main poster) in the KR client to revive some old pleasant memories.

G

Didn't ya know, Big
& a scantily clad person has a tendency to sell things a lil quicker.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you goto the trial area you get met with this nice pic..

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UO Japan Trial

[/ QUOTE ]

Now if KR's art looked like that, I'd probably switch over.
By the way, I wonder what her physical resists are? Is that outfit so distracting that it serves as a defense chance increase item?

S

Suggestor

There are lots of anime role-players out there, especially in japan. Look at some of the fanatics dressing up as their fave anime characters in rl. Well, give them the ability to do it in UO!

UO:KR needs to improve on its anime graphics. I know Cathat once said that the name "anime" has nothing to do with the Japanese animes, but seriously, anyone believes it is mere coincidence given the name and the paperdoll?

If EA acts fast, UO can be one of the first to ride on the popularity of the anime wave, which is even taking countries beyond japan by storm.

B

Babble

Hope it works to attract players.
Anyone knows how full the japanese shards still are?

G

good thing they gave her a metal bra....those would sag to her knees otherwise.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Took me awhile, but I found the wallpapers. They look pretty sweet, especially the White Wyrm one.

[/ QUOTE ]I checked out the White Wyrm wallpaper, and the text: "White Wyrm, 716 years old, Female" just struck me as funny...

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say, that site looks alot better then the US one. Now if I could read it, it would be great.