• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Anybody getting L7 maps anymore?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Starting to worry - I've not gotten any from L6 chests in weeks

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@kryonix is this intended? I've also had not a single 1 in about 80-100 level 6's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have not gotten one in about a month :(

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You couldn't give these away 6 months ago..now nobody has them. I just want them to look into the code and make sure none of it was hijacked by mistake and made too rare. I'm ok with 1 or 2 every 50 chests..but 80-100 without 1 is a bit scary. Never Mind how hard it is just to get 6's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have only received lvl 7's from other lvl 7 maps. I have not received a 7 from a 6 in awhile. I probably do 20 maps a week and I feel like there was a better drop rate in the previous publish.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't get one in a while too. I thought it's just bad luck but this makes me thinking as well.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got my first diabolical from a level 6 chest in a while so they are most definitely still spawning in the chests.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pulling them still. Not sure if high luck has any bearing, got two more this week from <10 level 6 chests.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think that the RNG is just being a...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Like it was ever NOT one, Lestat?

Remember that Draconi discovered before he left UO, that the RNG being used for UO since Beta or earlier was a public domain one that was commonly used as a college programming assignment. It's also commonly found in WAYYY too many Facebook games.

Said RNG is "fair" over a huge number of samples, but if you look at very short-term samples (over seconds, or a few minutes), it tends to streak because too many of the seeding components are the same for a given source. Granted, the streaks happen at ALL points on the curve, but that takes thousands of samples to balance out.

Examples most of us have experienced are things like failing 6-8 times in a row on a 95%-99% smelting chance, a string of misses on a target you shouldn't miss once at (or getting repeatedly hit by something that should have a miniscule change of hitting), getting the exact same fish 4-8 times in a row, pulling 18 BODs and having 6+ of them being the same normal weapon type (and most of them the same count), etc.

He was supposedly working on a new one, but I never heard for certain if it was ever implemented (right around the time he was supposed to be implementing it, was when he was let go in that huge round of layoffs)

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can confirm, have gotten 6 since loot 2.0. I seem to get em more when I go map crazy, lvl 6 ish, then lvl 6 tur, then lvl 6 fel, all over the place.

Kurik

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not from every chest. I've pulled about dozen or so legendaries from level 6 maps. That is with 2200 luck. I've done about 50 or so maps.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have been getting them a little more frequently now. Ilsh and fel seem to give the most I have seen