• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any way to add ‘mage armor’ to a piece?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you can pay 250k to have a mage gm take ‘mage armor’ off a piece of armor but is there a trick to get one to add the ‘mage armor’ property to a piece of armor?
I have a pair of high mod legendary plate legs that are currently non med and wish them to be medable.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Same way as far as I know. Pay that mage to add mage armor as well.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wait.. can't have more than 4 mods and cant be an artifact.

Just checked. My bad.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That’s what I thought.
Can’t you remove the ‘mage armor’ mod from a piece though even if it has more than 4 mods and is an artifact.
Doesn’t seem to make much sense imo

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't have expected to be able to add mage armor to such a piece. Seems like the game would read it as adding a property.

Not that I'd be upset if they made it a case of "add to or take away from any piece of armor for the appropriate fee." It's not a bad idea on the substance. But I could seem some folks accusing them of making things 'too easy' if they did.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
True.. but in the grand scheme of things being able to med through a piece of armor or not is no big deal these days. When you can add MR 30+ on suits rather easily it makes med really a skill that is seldom used. Nowhere near the "game breaking" deal it would have been say 10 years ago.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
True.. but in the grand scheme of things being able to med through a piece of armor or not is no big deal these days. When you can add MR 30+ on suits rather easily it makes med really a skill that is seldom used. Nowhere near the "game breaking" deal it would have been say 10 years ago.

Especially when non-medable armor (ie studded/bone) allows for additional LMC inherently

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Especially when non-medable armor (ie studded/bone) allows for additional LMC inherently
Agreed... and with both CC and EC having quick clothing change macros for multiple suits. Need to med? Make suit 2 be your main suit minus any non med pieces. Hit Med, get full, hit that macro to put the non med pieces back on.

Agreed... and with both CC and EC having quick clothing change macros for multiple suits. Need to med? Make suit 2 be your main suit minus any non med pieces. Hit Med, get full, hit that macro to put the non med pieces back on.
I mean no one would ever do that because that is a waste of skill points in meditation. But by all means keep trying.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not sure I buy into the "meditation is a waste of skill points" argument. If you're doing PVM content with a caster or a bard, meditation is pretty crucial. By all means, it doesn't have to be 120 or anything - but the ability to regenerate mana quickly so you can keep casting or keep up bard songs are pretty important for those builds. Even for a Tamer running the mastery and keeping up Consume Damage, having meditation will offset the constant mana drip so that you can keep casting without having to worry about turning off the mastery in order to regen mana.

On my Mystic Mage Spellweaver, I run separate suits for different purposes. One is max SDI, one is defensive suit with Eater pieces, extra hit points and heavy mana regen, the third is a mix between the two. When Word of Death time comes up on a boss and I quickly use up all my mana blasting him, running off and being able to regen to get in a final round of WoD shots can be the difference of being a top damager or not. It's worked for me at EM events for years in terms of getting drops. Not sure I would have been able to do as easily without mana regeneration and meditation.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I mean no one would ever do that because that is a waste of skill points in meditation. But by all means keep trying.
Med is a waste of skill points? Nah. That depends on the temps you play... and people do indeed do that. Just because you personally do not does not mean everyone else follows suit.