• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any way for Dev's/GM's to track item history?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

So today I was going around shopping. I stopped at a regular spot and bought a set of virtue tile deeds, because I needed some for my new remodel in progress. I then stopped at another shop and bought a Carved Myrmidex Glyph and a bunch of rare plants that were priced great so I could clip them and make them into dyes.

Fast forward 15-20 minutes later or so. I am sitting at West Brit Bank helping out with a focus and realize I now have 6 Iron Keys in my backpack. 3 of the keys were just "Iron Keys", the other three are "An Iron Key Of Exceptional Quality, Exceptional".

I did not purchase any of these keys. I did not pick up any keys. They just appeared. Exact time they appeared I do not know but sometime within the past hour I'd have to guess. I have not owned any of these double exceptional keys since I lost my castle 3 years ago or so.

So I'm wondering, have they put in a system to track item history yet?

Any help with trying to figure out how these appeared would be great as I am confused as all can be on it. @Mesanna

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
were the items you bought bagged? perhaps they were hiding under the other things in the bag?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like an idiot now. I was moving some stuff around an had a key ring, I may have released all the keys, that is the only possible place they could of come from, however I didn't realize it had keys on it, or double exceptional keys for that matter.

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I had something like this happen to me a couple days back. This was when the ATL servers kept going down and reverts kept happening as well. I logged in and had notice some jewelry in my backpack I had never picked up and most of all they were cursed! I know for a fact that I would never pick up any cursed items. I have no idea how they ended up in my backpack

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to add though, Yes, they added id codes to items a couple years back.
They wont tell you about it but it is used to trace scams, bugs, exploits, dupes. (which is why duped cheques and some items will just delete themselves if you ever put the into a bankbox)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So question, a bit on topic, do the GMs and Dev team tags similar to the original post ever get frustrating to them if it's solvable by the user as this one was? I see a lot of people tagging the devs and it just reminds me of emails I get at work that don't really need my attention.

I'm not trying to say this guy was wrong at all. I get frustrated too and I even emailed Mesanna one of my own issues... I'm just curious how they handle the flood of tags they get or if it's ever been mentioned.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So question, a bit on topic, do the GMs and Dev team tags similar to the original post ever get frustrating to them if it's solvable by the user as this one was? I see a lot of people tagging the devs and it just reminds me of emails I get at work that don't really need my attention.

I'm not trying to say this guy was wrong at all. I get frustrated too and I even emailed Mesanna one of my own issues... I'm just curious how they handle the flood of tags they get or if it's ever been mentioned.
Oh that's an easy one to answer.
They just have the whole Stratics tag system on Ignore.
Occasionally they will pop in and browse a few but only on the topics they are doing.
Which is why most people just send emails now.......and I would put money on it that they are filtered with keywords to auto drop into their junk mail box.