• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Any tips on determine what armor to "toss"

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I decide it was time to go thru my houses and "toss" some armor/weapons/jewels.. Most of what i am looking at "tossing" is pre-shame armor. Any tips like over % keep or under % "toss" or if more than 3 stats keep.

When i say toss most likely i will unravel, smelt, cutup. I plan to keep some of the double expectional armor/weapons.

Thank you

Luc

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think basically anything pre-shameloot is probably to be tossed unless it's got something particular about it to make it worth keeping as a rare. Almost nothing looted, or made by simply using a runic tool from before shameloot/reforging is worth wearing today.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most of my suits use 1-3 imbued pre-shame items, the rest being artifacts, replicas and event items. I've yet to find a post-shame loot item worth wearing, without having to imbue the rest of the suit from scratch (and would lose stuff in the process). I personally find the change to material enhancement bonuses more useful in the long run than most of the loot changes, as I'd probably be more likely to craft with barbed runics and cross my fingers, than imbue or go hunting for suit pieces for myself.

The big exception (in both directions) is Jewelry, although that's not armor. The pre-shame jewelry doesn't have durability, which means that while getting the right combinations was rare, if you have them they trump a lot of post-shame items. Post-shame jewelry rarely has more than one skill, rarely has more than one skill over +10, etc. If you don't need skills, some of the post-shame stuff is good, but you have to be prepare yourself for replacing it on a regular basis.