• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Any tips for Collecting Seeds of Renewal and similar?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all

im getting a bit frustrated collecting seed of renewal according to the material list here on stratics they should drop in this cavern of the discarded, now i found it alrite, but all i get is lodestone, essence of balance (which i offhand cant find a use for at all), few crystal fragments, a signle elven fletching and an abyssal cloth. not a single seed, is droprate that bad or what am i doing wrong? must have killed liked 100 mobs :-/

Greets

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience drop rate is just that bad. Problem is theres a lot of different things dropping off the same set of critters right there so getting any specific one is hard especially in the quantity that you need.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone have a pattern to these seeds drop?

i think i got at least one example of all mats availible now from abyss except seeds of renewal.

my mate got one single one fighting on the bridge to north western area from southern area.

getting quite fed up with 10 minute fights with renowned ratmen that drops nothing usefull :(

greets.

R

RavenWinterHawk

There is not pattern.
Its just luck
And if your trying to get to 10...

I think it was made this way. Which I agree with. It aint easy.

Thats why you see seeds and abysmal cloth for 500k to 1 million.

If these ingredients are too easy. Everything would become mage armour with mana regen 2.

It just take time and work or some gold. Well a lot of gold.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well seeds the only part i have trouble with, and i dont see why dexxer properties should be any easier than mage properties? ^^

all other high intensity mats i dont have any trouble collecting i dont think.

EDIT: can understand if price is higher for them even if similar droprate to anything else, but to be fair droprate should be the same in my opinion.

L

Luke Carjacker

If you're looking for one specific item, it's definitely a frustrating grind. I took a bunch of orders over the weekend and my shopping list included 30 arcanic runestones. Fortunately I had 13 already. I recruited several guildmates to help gather materials. Everything went smoothly, but we just couldn't get the arcanic runestones to drop.

If you're working the area to collect imbuing materials in general, the drop rates are pretty friendly. Just a guess but I think you can get 7-8 items each time the spawn renews in each of the 3 areas. The problem is, as others have mentioned, that there are so many different things that drop there, you'll be lucky to get one of any specific type for each time you kill the boss. If you're starting from scratch and looking for 10 of a specific item, count on killing the bosses at least 10 times, along with the 30-40 ratmen that spawn in the run-up. Factoring in respawn time and how efficiently you kill, I'd say 5 hours is a fair estimate for acquiring 10 of any specific item.

The flip side is if you make it a regular haunt, you'll be able to accumulate a lot of many different items over time. I've sold items using arcanic runestones, crushed glass, crystal shards & seeds of renewal, and will most likely use abyssal cloth and other drops in the future. For me the challenge of this spawn is actually that it is super boring. There's almost zero danger for the right character, and the bosses have insane buckets of hit points. What I think I'll do going forward is every time I go into the abyss, swing by and knock off some of the earlier spawn, taking whatever drops they give. Over time, hopefully I'll have enough for my needs.

D

DHMagicMan_1

There may be a new way to get seeds of renewal through gardening. I think they will become more available quickly now.

L

Lady Sharween

I received 12 Seeds of Renewal when i harvested my seeds from my green snake plants and my orange pampass grass plants. They are used in imbuing to add :

Hit Point Regeneration: Essence, Tourmaline and Seed of Renewal
Mana Regeneration: Essence, Sapphire and Seed of Renewal
Stamina Regeneration: Essence, Diamond and Seed of Renewal

Or they can be found in a mini champ spawn: Cavern of the Discarded

M

Myna

Or they can be found in a mini champ spawn: Cavern of the Discarded
are you sure you still get them in the mini champ after the change? i didnt tried it out yet but maybe they are removed from the spawn and are only available by growing plants .... who knows

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The current indication is the Seeds of Renewal now can come from any plant that can produce seeds (each seed has a chance to be a seed of renewal), and appear to drop more often from plants with other usable resources (the red leaf, orange petal and green thorn plants).

Not sure if they'll still be dropping in the Cavern, but it's funny to note that in my one trip to the cavern last week (first and only time there), I only got one drop that wasn't an essence, and it was the Seed of Renewal. The RNG can really be fickle....