• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any talk about changing food prices?

M

MandiK

Well, a group meal is $24. But 6 single meals totals $18, so being a poor sim in EA Land, running a welcome center for noobs, I have to cook single meals to cut costs a little. I was wondering if there is talk of fixing this?

Also- I see the buffet table is still the same as its always been, which is way more expensive than me cooking a meal for them at $3 bucks a piece that will actually fill them up.

Is there a thread or blog post anywhere that talks about a fix for this?

G

Hey Mandi
) Have u checked on the wiki? Or made any suggestiosn there. I really think that ALOT more *oldies* need to pop in your lot. Just last night i brought another newbie your way, upon landing at your lot i was in shock! never had i seen so many new faces in one place. I admire what you do cuz I for one CANNOT muster the patience for some of the rudeness you tend with. At our store lot we get LOADS of new sims, VERY few nice people we'd love to see subscribe and i have gotten 2 of them to do just that. Alot of them are plain RUDE and OBNOXIOUS! I try VERY hard to get the patience to walk them hand in hand to your lot, like last evening and set the on their way properly. I had NO problem giving you some items i no longer needed, i think ALOT of us more situated players should stop by your lot, say hello and THANKS and ( hint hint ) drop a few pennies in the tip jar or heck better yet get rid of some of those moved items collecting dust in your invies
I know Mandi could make use of some more skill items
Come on guys let's show the newbies we care and maybe just MAYBE some of the few good ones with stick around

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The silver refridgerator provides group meals for $12. Buffets are cheaper because you need to eat two plates to one. Buffets should only be charging $12 each time you set it. Filling the buffet with money didn't change. You can pay extra for the convenience of cooking group meals or spend the time serving one at a time. That was the design.
If you have great cooking skills , I'd suggest a red grill. Noobies love burgers!

G

I just checked as well and my black refridgerator costs me $12 for a group meal.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I think you mean the Black fridge charges $24. That's because it has a higher hunger value. However, if you have great cooking skills a silver one will do you just as well. Only players with little cooking skill need to use the black fridge

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Mandi
) Have u checked on the wiki? Or made any suggestiosn there. I really think that ALOT more *oldies* need to pop in your lot. Just last night i brought another newbie your way, upon landing at your lot i was in shock! never had i seen so many new faces in one place. I admire what you do cuz I for one CANNOT muster the patience for some of the rudeness you tend with. At our store lot we get LOADS of new sims, VERY few nice people we'd love to see subscribe and i have gotten 2 of them to do just that. Alot of them are plain RUDE and OBNOXIOUS! I try VERY hard to get the patience to walk them hand in hand to your lot, like last evening and set the on their way properly. I had NO problem giving you some items i no longer needed, i think ALOT of us more situated players should stop by your lot, say hello and THANKS and ( hint hint ) drop a few pennies in the tip jar or heck better yet get rid of some of those moved items collecting dust in your invies
I know Mandi could make use of some more skill items
Come on guys let's show the newbies we care and maybe just MAYBE some of the few good ones with stick around

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww thank you a bunch, again, for the help! They are loving the extra stuff! My black fridge costs me $24 though. I wonder why that is! I didnt know the different fridge's has different prices. Guess I need a new fridge. When I click the buffet table, it still says it costs $120 a spread, and wants me to stock it with $500. I cant afford to do that, I cant even afford to call a repairman today LOL

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

I think you mean the Black fridge charges $24. That's because it has a higher hunger value. However, if you have great cooking skills a silver one will do you just as well. Only players with little cooking skill need to use the black fridge

[/ QUOTE ]

I have maxed cooking! YAY this is great news. Im going to hopefully find a cheap fridge somewhere.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

With max cooking a burger from the grill fills you up even more than a plate from buffet. Often it fills you up completely if you are not too red. If the buffet is still charging you $120 then it is a bug. They fixed this once in TC3 when it did that. Guess the fix didn't make it to EA-Land.

M

MandiK

I just traded my black fridge for a silver one. 12 bucks a group meal! I am so excited, this will save me alot of time lol

G

In my experience with the buffet table, you have to pony up at least $120 to stock the table, but then it costs $12 to open it up for hungry sims and lay out your spread.

It's the same as paying to stock the fridge, then having to pay again to make a meal, be it single, group, or whatever.

Not sure why we have to pay twice, but what else can you do?

V

vapd3317

That was the same question I had earlier,...but I "think", that the preparation cost, is what is taken off of the stock amount that we placed in the item (whether it be a fridge or buffet). Check your funds next time to see if that 12 simoleons is deducted when you prepare a meal.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

For $120 in the buffet table. You should be able to set it 10 times.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

That was the same question I had earlier,...but I "think", that the preparation cost, is what is taken off of the stock amount that we placed in the item (whether it be a fridge or buffet). Check your funds next time to see if that 12 simoleons is deducted when you prepare a meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it doesnt automatically deduct anything when I make a meal. The money is in the fridge already, and it comes out of that, then when it runs out I restock. So not sure how to check that. But I have a cheaper fridge now anyway! And loving it.

V

vapd3317

Mandi,...you can check the fridge stock anytime by just clicking on "Manage" and then "Check stock". That can show you when you are getting close to needing to replenish the supply

G

<blockquote><hr>

You can pay extra for the convenience of cooking group meals or spend the time serving one at a time. That was the design.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but it seems to me that the design (as used in the production cities) was :Group meal (6 servings) 40$, single meal 10$.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok then. Let's say it is the "new" design.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe - personally, I think it's a case of whipping something out in a hurry without spending too much time thinking about it.
A quick fix in response to all the complaining.

Yes! Believe it or not, people *do* complain from time to time! (nods).

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
See what happens when you have multiple sims, homes and accounts hehehe!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe - personally, I think it's a case of whipping something out in a hurry without spending too much time thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Gracie wrote the design for new food prices...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yep. This one is all my fault. Developers asked about food costs and how they should be reduced back in November of 2007. So I took the time to answer here. I guess since no one else had any input or discussion on the matter, so they pretty much used most of my suggestions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Gracie wrote the design for new food prices...

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops...