• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any succesful gargolyes?

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Cant seem to find any threads about somebody enjoying the gargoyle race. And i play on Catskills and have only seen 5 in the last two weeks.

My questions is has anyone found a good fun template to use with them?
Besides crafting

I'd love to make one and try them out but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed

Let me know
Thank you

- James

I

imperterritus

I have two PvM'ers that I play a lot. I'll show their goal templates, though they aren't there yet. (too many characters!) The one I've spending the most time with lately is a Mystic-Mage:

120: Magery, Mysticism
120: Eval Int, Imbuing
120: Meditation, Wrestling

Cleansing Winds is one of my favorite spells now (heal with a good chance of also curing and removing curse!?! come on!!) If I were to start him over, I'd probably take 100 Anatomy instead of the 120 wrestling. The damage done by Animated Weapon is based on your Tactics and Anatomy, not Eval Int or Imbuing. The template still offers Blade Spirits, though. As I understand it, AW is harder to dispel.

The other is a Thrower-Peacemaker:

120: Throwing, Music, Peacemaking
100: Tactics, Meditation, Resist
60: Chivalry
(some skills boosted with jewelry. may drop resist though)

Peacemaking complements Throwing particularly well. It allows you to achieve the optimal throwing distance for a large percentage of the time.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
mine is
mystic,magery,eval,med,spell-weave,imbuing,

the last skill is either
inscription,resist spells,fishing
depending on what I want to do!
most skills are at or as near as I can afford to 120

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one with:

120 Mysticisme
120 Eval Int
120 Imbuing
120 resist
120 Meditation
120 Focus

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one with:

120 Mysticisme
120 Eval Int
120 Imbuing
120 resist
120 Meditation
120 Focus
What do you fight with that? And i thought focus was a joke if you had Med and decent stam. Wouldn't it be better to replace that with Magery?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fight with Mysticisme spells . They strong enough to kill stuff. And focus + Meditation makes it that i not fast run out of mana. :)

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you dont find the mysticism spells to be limiting? And how to you get around?

I"m sorry if my questions are bothering you templates just fascinate me

Thank you
- James

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sleep spell + Rising Colussus + Spell Plague + Bombard is very nice combo. :)

Nobody bothering me with questions. :)

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With enough mana that could work.

But how do you get around?

And what types of things do you hunt?

Thanks
- James

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything realy. Titans ,Cyclopses and Daemons i hunt if i want to make gold.

With imbuing you can make about the perfect suit to go along with your characters. What you lack in skills or stats you can always add extra on your armor/jewelry. :)

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Without magery, what do you do for transportation?
This is the same question as some people ask how to open theit car, if the battery of their remote keyless entry is empty.. MANY dont use the key as key^^.

without magery chiv or even recallscrolls.. use pets, or your feet! :rant2:

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the same question as some people ask how to open theit car, if the battery of their remote keyless entry is empty.. MANY dont use the key as key^^.

without magery chiv or even recallscrolls.. use pets, or your feet! :rant2:
I do understand what you are saying, but do honestly run everywhere? I enjoy seeing some of the artwork i do , and i appreciate a healthy run in game to let me appreciate how big the game is, but what if you go an area thats 300-400 screens away from a bank, and you need to bank your gold? Or what if you die?

Running there, or riding, is just illogical

R

Rainfo X

So that mysticism healing thing is good enough for all your healing?

J

John-boy

Macer with imbuing. The smith hammer is usable by gargoyles as a weapon. Most likely as it is needed to be held to craft, but I am hoarding smith hammers with slayer qualities. Also discovered an artifact 11 crook that my gargoyle can hold (just got it have not tried to wack anything)

Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Mace 100
Tactics 100
Parry 100
Resist Magic 100
Imbuing 120

Letting Focus run wild as the others progress, but counting on equipment to make up for the lack of focus towards the end. A macing 120 scroll and jewelery to fill it.

Have tried about 10 different templates, this one working the best so far.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm trying to come up with a garg mage/mystic for PvM. Right now, I'm thinking:

120 Mage
120 Med
120 Eval
120 Focus
120 Mystic
120 Wrestle

Anyone tried this or recommend something different?

I

imperterritus

Syrus, my mage-mystic has almost that same template goal. The one difference is Imbuing instead of Focus. It is working very well for me.

At some point he may transfer the Imbuing to my carpenter, so the carpenter will be able to build soul forges (the one thing he can't make now). In that event, my mage-mystic will go 120 Focus, just like you show.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Syrus, my mage-mystic has almost that same template goal. The one difference is Imbuing instead of Focus. It is working very well for me.

At some point he may transfer the Imbuing to my carpenter, so the carpenter will be able to build soul forges (the one thing he can't make now). In that event, my mage-mystic will go 120 Focus, just like you show.
Awesome. Thanks very much for this feedback.

I made this toon on TC1 and enjoyed him. I was concerned that I might have mana problems without necro/ss (wraith form), but with 120 med and 120 focus, I was fine.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I made this toon on TC1 and enjoyed him. I was concerned that I might have mana problems without necro/ss (wraith form), but with 120 med and 120 focus, I was fine.

I've never actually considered running med and focus is it worth having both as appose to having another skill? such as spellweaving? Its powerful enough to try and squeeze in there and couldn't hurt. With med and mana regen on your stuff wouldn't that be enough mana?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

I've never actually considered running med and focus is it worth having both as appose to having another skill? such as spellweaving? Its powerful enough to try and squeeze in there and couldn't hurt. With med and mana regen on your stuff wouldn't that be enough mana?
That could be, James. I am used to playing a necro/mage/weaver and rely heavily on wraith form. I find that, even with 120 meditation, 40 lmc, and 8 mr, I do not regenerate mana quickly enough to avoid using wraith form, especially when it comes to peerless encounters. Because my current mystic template does not give me the option of wraith form, I am trying to compensate.

Perhaps my mana paranoia is showing. :)

C

Cloak&Dagger

That could be, James. I am used to playing a necro/mage/weaver and rely heavily on wraith form. I find that, even with 120 meditation, 40 lmc, and 8 mr, I do not regenerate mana quickly enough to avoid using wraith form, especially when it comes to peerless encounters. Because my current mystic template does not give me the option of wraith form, I am trying to compensate.

Perhaps my mana paranoia is showing. :)

Lets both not forget that Focus is also one of the skills Mystisism relies on for power to the spells, so its usefull either way, switching for weaving would sort of leave you a bit depowered with the mystic, or any skill other than imbuing for that matter :p

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1619919 said:
Lets both not forget that Focus is also one of the skills Mystisism relies on for power to the spells, so its usefull either way, switching for weaving would sort of leave you a bit depowered with the mystic, or any skill other than imbuing for that matter :p
Well i guess i was suggesting dropping med then?

Still not sure if with lmc and mana regen it would be enough mana without med though, and to replace med with spellweaving, i think the biggest mana user.

Not sure, would have to try it out but i really dislike the test center

Any thoughts?

Thank you
- James

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Cant seem to find any threads about somebody enjoying the gargoyle race. And i play on Catskills and have only seen 5 in the last two weeks.

My questions is has anyone found a good fun template to use with them?
Besides crafting

I'd love to make one and try them out but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed

Let me know
Thank you

- James
I run a Gargoyle Tamer/Necro very succesfully. Since I always have a greater dragon with me anyway, Gargoyle seemed the way to go. I am usually in Wraith form and withering at spawns, or in Garg form flying to places, or Lich form Ghealing the Drag,pounding on whatever.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just created a Garg Mystic/Archer/Pally and I love her. Shooting the crap out of stuff from behind a Rising Colossus is awesome!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt think Garg's could use bows?
Archery doesn't seem to be in the list of skills you can select from when you make a new gargoyle character. Gargoyles also do not seem to be able to equip a bow. (When a gargoyle character tries to equip a bow, you get the message, "Gargoyles can't wear this.")

On Test Center, you can use the "set" command to give a gargoyle Archery skill and I imagine you can probably soulstone the skill to a gargoyle too. Just doesn't seem that you can actually use the skill unless someone's figured out a way to use an unequipped bow.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i think it was a mistake maybe kinney42 has a character like that that is human or elf and just was excited to share and put garg by mistake? I'd buy that.

Either way..

- james

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i think it was a mistake maybe kinney42 has a character like that that is human or elf and just was excited to share and put garg by mistake? I'd buy that.

Either way..

- james
Yeah i totally screwed the pooch on that one.
meant to say she was an elf mystic/pally.
ugh it's been a long week.

Y

Yalp

I have a Gargoyle Mystic Mage which I am very much enjoying.. pvm, pvp i am enjoying it all.. I do have a list of pet peeves for the garg.. and I'm still pushing the devs to make this race more on par with humans/elves.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have a Gargoyle Mystic Mage which I am very much enjoying.. pvm, pvp i am enjoying it all.. I do have a list of pet peeves for the garg.. and I'm still pushing the devs to make this race more on par with humans/elves.
I believe the gargs may be getting a change to there racial bonuses! if i am remembering correctly it was talked about in HOC !

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im using a garg with this template :

120 focus (due to change in mysticism)
120 peace (provo and disco in soulstone as well)
120 music
115 magery
115 eval
115 mysticism
50 med

Obviusly im using imbued equipt with imbued skills, but im testing this template, and everyday i play with it, i fall in love a bit more. With disco, can almost kill all i want alone (colossus roolz the world!!) and with 50 med, 120 focus and the 10 mr from equipt is diff to run out mana.

Illumina Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wammpy Gargoyal: (Wraith Form)

Spirit Speak: 100
Fencing: 120
Tactics: 115
Anatomy: 115
Parry: 100
Bushido: 110
Chivalry: 65
Necro: 40
HP: 140 Stam:80 Mana: 82

Note: You will need skill bonus jewelry obviously.
Choice weapon: Life Syphon (100%LL, 30%HH, 10HPI, 25SSI, 50DI, Blood Drinker) Only need 30 stam to swing 1.25 (Stats: 125str, 75dex, 50int)
I think this temp is fun, and works well on lots of boss type creatures.
I may tweak it a little later. Maybe better Armor will come out for the poor gargoyals in the future.