• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ANY reason a mage needs to have DEX?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than a parry mage and the 80 dex requirement, is there any reason a mage needs more than 10 dex?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i like to run with at least 20 stam so its harder for me to get stam blocked in fel.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i like to run with at least 20 stam so its harder for me to get stam blocked in fel.
Quit hanging out in Fel and that won’t be an issue...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the answers.

So what about on a crafter?

It's never seemed to me that there's any benefit from higher dexterity on a tailor, tinker, or blacksmith either. For that matter even a miner or lumberjacker don't seem to make a difference. Even though dexterity is raised by those skills there seems no benefit to actually allowing it to raise.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the answers.

It's never seemed to me that there's any benefit from higher dexterity on a tailor, tinker, or blacksmith either. For that matter even a miner or lumberjacker don't seem to make a difference. Even though dexterity is raised by those skills there seems no benefit to actually allowing it to raise.
I do not believe that stam has any effect on crafting. I could be wrong as i have not used my crafter in about 6 years or so.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've watched a few mage v mage battles on YouTube, and after 1500 spells, it makes one wonder why stam isn't a necessity.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the answers.

I keep dex/stam on my smith (who is tinker and miner), some on my tailor (who has carp and LJ). Reason is that even with a packie or 2 I might go overweight within a short hop to a town. With the extra stam, I can move a bit further ... with the other option being to leapfrog the stuff in my pack. Carrying a bit of Chiv for Divine Fury eliminates leapfrog and refreshes stam. Refresh pots if you don't want Chiv.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason I also put quite a bit of dex on my crafters and resource gatherers. Usually like 60 - 80 dex. Most of them also have magery and evalint for defense. With so much dex they have low mana. Now that I'm realizing the dex is mostly wasted on them I'm upping their int. Seems like 120/20/100 is a better use of stats on support characters. Most of these also have used a +10 stat scroll. A few even a +20.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For some reason I also put quite a bit of dex on my crafters and resource gatherers. Usually like 60 - 80 dex. Most of them also have magery and evalint for defense. With so much dex they have low mana. Now that I'm realizing the dex is mostly wasted on them I'm upping their int. Seems like 120/20/100 is a better use of stats on support characters. Most of these also have used a +10 stat scroll. A few even a +20.
Smith/tinker/imbuer has mining with 125/50/75 STR/Int/Dex - archery for combat, chiv for travel
Carp/Taillor has LJ with 105/60/65 however I am raising his int because he uses magery and mace for combat

When the smith needs carp, I use stones to swap back and forth.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah any kind of melee for defense would need some decent dexterity/stamina. My lumberjack is the only one I have melee on. He has a spell channeling/mage weapon hatchet and 100 pts in tactics. He can kill most spawn simply on auto-defend. I put a +20 scroll on him too. So he runs with 100/100/50 and has 70s, LRC & stam/mana inc suit.