• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

any real update SOON?

• Thread starter imported_Sirion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Sirion

If there's any real update to the game soon, it would be a good time to let us know now, because I've been considering closing down my two accounts lately. The only update now is the FoF, and it used to give insights to new content. Now it just answers some old stuff.

OH MY GOD. I remember I loved this game so much but now it lost its passion to me.

Hello, anybody home in EA?

B

Babble

Close them down and open them if the updates show something interesting might come?

If you have no fun close the accounts and do something else and check later by if ea managed to want to make you play again.

G

Theres an "event" to go into testing soon, but I wouldn't expect too much from it.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We havent been told otherwise, so I am assuming that the "event" is Valentines Day Feb 14 where you get a card.

G

Haha she DID mention bacon coming in another post!

I'm going to laugh so hard when they re-release last years valentines gifts updated for the year, and everyone explodes with anger.

I mean I would hope they wouldn't make that choice again, after the xmas backlash but I so smell it coming.

D

DrMcguilicudy

<blockquote><hr>

I'm going to laugh so hard when they re-release last years valentines gifts updated for the year, and everyone explodes with anger.

I mean I would hope they wouldn't make that choice again, after the xmas backlash but I so smell it coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they duplicate last years stuff, I will immediately close all my accounts. Xmas was atrocious.

B

Babble

I doubt they had time or a plan to make anything new.
I rather measure them on the event, or hopefully events we get.

I still wonder why story lines stop totally like magincia .. did someone's brain stop working that no event could be made up to follow?

Resource gathering anything?

G

I'm still enjoying UO, and I generally give the devs the benefit of the doubt.

I also understand that it's Jeremy's JOB to spin the company line for us and provide our feedback to them.

All of that being said, it is FAR overdue that we had some idea on what the direction of the game is planned on being short and long term. So far we've been fed "we'll have info next week" for at least three consecutive weeks and that gets VERY old even for supporters who WANT UO to do well and feeds the naysayers and conspiracy theorists.

Personally I had expected things to get moving by the third week in January (move over the holidays, settle in, get going with an info dump of where the game is, where the team is and where everything is going).

The devs IMO are now over a week late and will be two weeks late by next FoF assuming we get anything of substance then.

It is past time that we had somethingm substantive to chew on.

B

Babble

You really expected anything in January?
I did not really expect anything before March, January is after the holidays, February they start working and mid to end March I would expect a patch and then again a 3-4 months break

L

Lord_Asterix

IMO the devs are years behind. They are slower than the Government.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The devs IMO are now over a week late and will be two weeks late by next FoF assuming we get anything of substance then.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

Giving us some form of a rough idea of a timeline of some hint of events, with follow through, would go a long way to appeasing most of the people who can be appeased by such actions.

I am hoping we get some info soon, and give us hope of what is ahead, with nailing the time frames indicated, by the Dev Team...it would help a lot, IMO.

G

I'm not worried as much about time frame as much as I am about a simple VISION of what the plans for the near and further future are.

I don't really expect them to be able to follow a hard-set schedule, but even I grow tired of the "no info until next week" stuff we're being given.

It may have made me impatient, but I got used to the weekly updates whether it be event progression or client updates to KR.

Gave me something to look forward to after a long day/week at work (not that my job is physically demanding, but it CAN be tiring all the same).

G

A couple of the recent ones have reasonable outside explanations (delay of SA, buyout of Mythic, moving cross country), but the dropping of storylines mid-way through seems to be a staple of UO since WELL before even UO:R.

Just seems like the most common thing that happens.

I sometimes wonder if the people who hire for UO somehow all seem to hire Robert Jordan fans as many plotlines get started and randomly dropped.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm anticipating it.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly the same... there's going to be a super-ultra rare, artifact level 20, neon blue, reversed graphic valentine's day card.

!

G

yeah it's frustrating to wait but...

I've been in the software industry for a big chunk of my life. We had a company move and it took longer than 4 months to even get things started back up again. This was non-game shrink wrapped software so it did not get noticed like something like a mmp online game.

It does take time. That's not a excuse for 2 years since an expansion!

I just hope they are started to get settled in and are ready to 'make things go'.

I've played the 'other' games. Not just dabbled but played them hard. All and all, I still want UO to succeed because I always come back to it and have gotten more enjoyment from it than all the others.

Just my 2cents.

Be well!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Personally I had expected things to get moving by the third week in January (move over the holidays, settle in, get going with an info dump of where the game is, where the team is and where everything is going).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that we should have had something more said than has been said!

I

imported_Black_Magick

<blockquote><hr>

They are slower than the Government.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL priceless

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

<blockquote><hr>

If there's any real update to the game soon, it would be a good time to let us know now, because I've been considering closing down my two accounts lately. The only update now is the FoF, and it used to give insights to new content. Now it just answers some old stuff.

OH MY GOD. I remember I loved this game so much but now it lost its passion to me.

Hello, anybody home in EA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Update: UO has been placed in care taker mode while EA/Mythic finishes Warhammer Online.

Also due to EA's financial results we are looking at either closing UO down or leaving it in caretaker mode till it no longer turns a profit.

Hows that?

M

Meldurh

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still enjoying UO, and I generally give the devs the benefit of the doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not the dev's fault if UO's development has come to a halt.
It's the bookholder mentality from the stages above the devs,which tries to
squeeze the last cent out of the subscribers,even at the cost of making the
game worse and kill it in the long run.

G

<blockquote><hr>

IMO the devs are years behind. They are slower than the Government.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA i dunno about slower as i deal with the government alot but awful close race there.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, 1/2 you guys posting are so bored with UO you rely on the devs to entertain you.....passion gone, move on in life.......

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Theres an "event" to go into testing soon, but I wouldn't expect too much from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be 100gp that its the candle of love event or something similar that drops alacrity scrolls. Something easy to turn on that placates the playerbase for another month while the devs that are left try to figgure out the code left behind.

B

Babble

That would be ok, I just expect such things on a regular basis and if possible even two or more events at the same time.