• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

any one know why

M

Millie

these changed names when I stole them from a barrel. I was working stealing. They don't stack and even after walking over severs they don't change name back. I'm not sure if they will change back at server reset or not. Arcane Gem to 4 Worldgem bit

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Others will explain better than I can, but I want to know how you made a starfield on your floor!

Black goza mats I get, but the stars...!

M

Millie

They are empty poppie dust, raised one space above the black mats. Have to raise them one or they fall under mat. if my picture would of came out better you probably would of been able to see what they were

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a bug from stealing, not specifically related to the notice about the world gem bit and skull mug bug/exploit. I believe this one has something to do with the slow registration of item names to the client before the items are stolen.

M

Millie

I have no idea what the skull mug bug/exploit. I'd kinda like to keep them. Are they something I can get banned for? Is there anyway to stop the Arcane gems form changing names? I seem to be gaining well on them.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The world gem bit is interesting. You may want to submit that one. The star field is way cool! Thanks for the tip.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea what the skull mug bug/exploit. I'd kinda like to keep them. Are they something I can get banned for? Is there anyway to stop the Arcane gems form changing names? I seem to be gaining well on them.
I believe the arcane gem world gem bits will be treated like the orange/purple petal conversion to orange/purple feathers. Most items are fine as long as you do not have them in bulk or try to sell them.

I'd recommend tossing items that became bugged to be safe especially after making a post. I wouldn't take my chances on being the example of EA's ban example. It's really a moral question you have to ask yourself.

I posted the images from the link they had on the uo splash page about the world gem bit/skull mug exploits in another thread.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=143054
I assume those items (post id 24) will have a higher chance of getting you banned.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that I know how they come about, I seriously don't think you'll be banned for owning these.

The most that can happen is that they will get changed back, or if that fails, get turned into a monk's robes. :D

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

If you get banned for EA's oversight (and yes this stealing item change bug thingy has been out for ages) then there truly is nothing right with the world.

R

RichDC

I cant see this one being bannable, if you look at the difference in art to the exploited ones...this appears to just be a bug.

I would however, advise e-mailing ea/mythic to inform them at least.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't they ban people taking advantage of it all of the other times something like this happened though?

R

RichDC

Dont quote me on this. I believe they are different "bugs".

I believe the new stolen drops, you could sell them to a vendor and then recieve them back as the old server birth rare tag.(im guessing its the same base ID)

The one this is, is a bug. Which should and probably will be fixed soon(as its not the same art as the server birth i think poeple would always be dubious of it if buying).

The first is an exploit the second is a bug. IMO people should never be banned for finding/using a bug. People should be banned for using an exploit.

Honest players should report a bug, however we all know they wont :)

My opionion anyways

M

Millie

Where do I report this bug? For the life of me I can't remember where to go.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
MY best guess is here

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to uo.herald.com and use the 'feedback' link. There's an option in the drop down menu of the form to report bugs. :)

[edit] and great minds think alike, eh Kelmo?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
M

Millie

Thank you both. I have trashed them and am going to report the bug today