• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any new loot for the 2011 3rd generation Giant Turkey?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a nasty adventure assisting a friend with a couple grossly overpowered giant turkeys… I know I’ll no longer be messing with them. I think they are even worse then last year. I don’t enjoy cheating A.I. super-monsters.

BUT…

I still can't help to ask if there is any NEW prizes at the nests. UOGuide is failing to update and I never seam to catch the loot news posts if/when they come up.

So, I’m asking the peeps around here. Anything new from the cornucopias, empty nest, plucked turkeys, and harrow?

Frankly, I really loved the first year these guys were around. It was a lot of fun. Not now, not for me.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just wanna be able to DO all this! I missed the turkeys before so this is all new to me and very cool but I'm afraid I won't get my Disco/provo trained up enough in time :(

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanna be able to DO all this! I missed the turkeys before so this is all new to me and very cool but I'm afraid I won't get my Disco/provo trained up enough in time :(
Here is information ..:) One needs superior PROVOKE skills and if not, the ability to run fast or have a friend with high bard skills to help
EvilPixieWorks:

Pooper; said:
- - For everyone claiming these monster are over powered, there's a simple and laid back way to kill them. Provo them on to each other. I'm at all 120's and succeed most of the time. They're kinda slow so out running them is easy when I fail. It takes awhile, so bring a book, but they will just beat at each other until one is dead. - -
Post #55
from the original publish and posts about DPD (*deadly poison/damage)
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/255505-%5Buo-herald%5D-publish-73-0-live-beware-turkeys.html

J

Jhym

I did two, which will likely be the extent of my interest.

I provoked them on each other, then waited, throwing field spells on them now and then. When the first one died, the other was redlined, but I don't have enough mana and regen to just keep firing, so it took me almost an hour to finally kill it. I tried everything I could think of, but I suspect its regen was clearing most of the damage I'd be able to do (9 points with a firehorn, 29 with an ebolt, 10 with a magebow weee.)

My pure warrior couldn't do anything, he got instakilled so I gave up on that.

I have never quite understood the mega-monster thing. When I do have friends around I don't have time to gather them and organize a good hunt, when I don't I end up having to go play somewhere else and don't get to enjoy events. So I usually try to do one or two things, then give up, spend hours at it, or do it once and then realize it honestly wasn't worth the effort for the time spent.

Of course every time people say things like that there's an immediate response of how wonderful it is for everyone else. I suppose I'm disappointed because it really wouldn't be that hard to set up appropriate monsters/activities for each general type of character so that everyone has something fun to do. But I'm also a fan of involved storylines, and the turkey event is not really that.

:popcorn:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Discord one then provo it on another. A paragon Meer Warrior can take down a provoed Turkey. Bigger the mosh pit the faster the disco one dies. Only hurdle left is the area effect and needing invis or peace. Have to loot the plucked bird.

Can never have enough Harvester Blades. Just to bad a highly useful item like it is limited to an short event grind. Not like it is a glass sword or something destructive or defensive. It only takes the pain out of collecting leather scales meat feathers.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first year this went live the devs accidentally set the barding difficulty to 12 instead of 120... or 16 instead of 160, I cant quite remember. Anyway it was really easy to fight them with a beginner bard.

In all the years I have played this game I have never had any interest in making a bard untill that event with the typo'd skill. Because of the extremely easy barding skill I decided to give bard a try. I had alot of fun and I realized how usefull bards could be.

Now I have a 4x legendary bard. Masteries have made level 5 shame hunts a joy. And it all started from that first brilliant turkey event.

It isnt like the rarest rewards are easy to get even with a high skill bard. It is a fun little quest and worthy of yearly repeats with or without new rewards. Just set the barding skill back down to something very low and let everyone enjoy learning about the skill.

E

elspeth

Lots of returning players also very happy to get a shot at those blades and everything else! Besides, there's plenty of new in shame.

Thanks again for putting it in devs!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Please bear with me as explain this as best I can from my point of view. We have our normal menu. We get to log in and do our everyday thing.

Thanksgiving... We get a traditional meal. It is these lovely turkeys. I can think of no better tradition than these damn birds. Hell, most of you have seven characters per account... You know they are coming... It is Turkey day after all. (Hates even thinking of explaining thanksgiving to the world)

Would you take Trick or Treat away? Would you wish for a different Santa every year? Maybe...

The Devs nailed this one. Every Thanksgiving we get turkeys. Just like at granny's house. Maybe it will be revisited with new recipes one day soon... Until then I can do with tradition while they work on other things.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Please bear with me as explain this as best I can from my point of view. We have our normal menu. We get to log in and do our everyday thing.

Thanksgiving... We get a traditional meal. It is these lovely turkeys. I can think of no better tradition than these damn birds. Hell, most of you have seven characters per account... You know they are coming... It is Turkey day after all. (Hates even thinking of explaining thanksgiving to the world)

Would you take Trick or Treat away? Would you wish for a different Santa every year? Maybe...

The Devs nailed this one. Every Thanksgiving we get turkeys. Just like at granny's house. Maybe it will be revisited with new recipes one day soon... Until then I can do with tradition while they work on other things.
Totally agree!

My disco/provo is now 60/60 been workin a bit at tryin to lvl it, music is at 115 that's easy to raise. Unfortunatly I only have 1 4x Bard and she's on napa :( so hopefully I will be able to at least kill one or two turkeys before they go away.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* Hey L. I am just saying the Devs really have a favorite here. They have several popular recipes... I would be sad to see this one go. Yes, it is the same this year... Just like Granny's house. if you want to ask Granny to change content every year be my guest.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate that they repeat this yet the Halloween of a couple years ago that everyone seemed to love and speaks highly of didn't get repeated. :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*smiles* Hey L. I am just saying the Devs really have a favorite here. They have several popular recipes... I would be sad to see this one go. Yes, it is the same this year... Just like Granny's house. if you want to ask Granny to change content every year be my guest.
*smiles back* Hey Kelmo my dear.

This is the perfect way to say it.

Each year we went to my Grandparents house for Christmas. Each year she had 15 candy-filled candy canes hanging from the fire place. Each year she had a big tree in the living room and a little tree in the TV room. Each year she had the table place settings with everyones name on them, Each year....the same...every year...the same.

Do we complain about that? It's tradition..it's what the holidays are about, we got blessed bacon for Valentines day, why not have killer turkeys every year for Thanksgiving?

I love it and wouldn't change a thing.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Main problem is that for events to be repeated… like the trick or treat, for example… you don’t expect to have the same rewards over and over again. The same candy… the same rares. People who set out to master these things have no incentive. The only thing they changed from last year to this with T/T is the fact you couldn’t collect the double colored cloth. What was said to be “designed” last year… in reality was a mistake and was repaired before this season.

I mean, I really have no clue if these turkeys are worse from last year and even if they are… if the rewards were NEW, the incentive would make the challenge something worth thinking about. So I wouldn’t collect 300+ full maps like the first year. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be out to get the best share I could. Otherwise, it's not worth the time, the insurance, or the frustration to keep my stress levels high. I do love the fact the team thinks up these seasonal events. I’m not saying they should be brand new every year, but a little change in reward keeps things interesting.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just like killing the turkeys with my friends. I can see what your saying but I am happy to have something at all with how big this patch was. Also think about all the holidays that we don't get anything for. Plus you can never have enough plucked turkeys and invs feathers.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I totally agree, not to mention this is really the only time I bother to solo lvl 6 maps thanks to the turkeys ability to kill multiple Ancient Wyrms at a time. Otherwise I would have to change chars to kill the AW's.