• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Interest in a Siege Perilous Stream?

Blargety

Journeyman
After a discussion in General Chat tonight, I thought it would be worth tossing out the idea. I have the capability of streaming Siege Perilous game play on Twitch, I just never thought there would be much interest in it. One of my many side projects includes streaming video-games. It's something that I do for fun, and contractually speaking I was just afforded the opportunity to start my own channel as a split off from our main brand's stream.

If there's any actual interest in watching here from the players on Siege, or if you guys think it would in general help out the health of our Shard, let me know and I'll consider doing it. Let me know either way what you guys think, I'd love to start getting some pick up, no-loot VvV going on so that there's some action during the stream, otherwise I'll end up doing some tutorials on updates that some players may have missed while they were trapping themselves in the Gray Shards.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes please, more people should stream their Siege activities. I'm looking at you GIL!

in the past attempts to stream VvV on Siege have come to a pretty quick end when people realized that they got stream sniped by players who didn't care a bout no loot agreements. Knowing this, however, you could use the stream to attract some PvP...

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a more serious note, so how does this work? You would set up a stream site/program and if I joined your program people could watch Baby Doll smoke a doobie, just relaxing in a hot tub, totally nekkid ( I found a way to remove UOs ugly underwear), sipping on drink, laughing to myself at general chat, and enjoying.......So in the end I could get on the Housewives of Siege?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On a more serious note, so how does this work? You would set up a stream site/program and if I joined your program people could watch Baby Doll smoke a doobie, just relaxing in a hot tub, totally nekkid ( I found a way to remove UOs ugly underwear), sipping on drink, laughing to myself at general chat, and enjoying.......So in the end I could get on the Housewives of Siege?
I'd buy that fer a dollar

noChance219

Visitor
@Baby Doll

Twitch is the most popular streaming site for gaming, as far as I'm aware. Lots of non-gaming related stuff too (cooking, art, crafts, blacksmithing, asmr, the list goes on).

You could be a broadcaster, or you could be viewed as a player if someone else is streaming and you are on their screen.

Last edited:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cheap ass mother ****er "
I'd buy that fer a dollar
", it would be at the high end cost of 'tree fiddy" in Siege currency at least! *haha*!

Twitch is the most popular streaming site for gaming, as far as I'm aware. Lots of non-gaming related stuff too (cooking, art, crafts, blacksmithing, asmr, the list goes on).

You could be a broadcaster, or you could be viewed as a player if someone else is streaming and you are on their screen.

WOW
Twitch could be awesome in the right hands, so Siege could do a higher end VvV on Sundays, if people got down with this?????

I liked what I saw but will look again at it later, but I do see the future possibilities. Thank you kindly noChance219!

Blargety

Journeyman
I've been considering it, but not too sure how much interest there is. This thread did get some attention though, so maybe it'd be worth my time for the betterment of Siege.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the start I for one knew nothing of what you were talking about, now I found out about Twitch. Not sure how many others are in the same boat as I, you should let this thread run and be bumped for a couple days, let it sink in. I can see people having some interest in it. So yes I think it may very well to worth doing!

Blargety

Journeyman
At the start I for one knew nothing of what you were talking about, now I found out about Twitch. Not sure how many others are in the same boat as I, you should let this thread run and be bumped for a couple days, let it sink in. I can see people having some interest in it. So yes I think it may very well to worth doing!
I'm still waiting on my Baby Doll bath tub stream. When is that happening?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As Max said, stream attempts in the past have been short lived cuz of snipers. Time-delay of a few hours or even an entire day would help with that, if possible, or you can just enjoy the resulting PvP. (Keep in mind that sometimes this attracts unsavory folks.) The main issue with streams tho is that many Siege players are camera shy. They don't want anyone to know their character's name, skills, methods and tactics, hunting locations and times, whose company they keep, etc. So if orcs are filming their own activities, no one can complain. But if Orcish activities involve a VvV Sunday, or raiding a champion spawn, so that other players are seen and their methods filmed for later study - well, there might be some complaints on that score.

That said, however, I am in favor of a stream. Siege is much more active than people realize, and a stream might get some new folks interested.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I say go for it and stream it up !
Always enjoy to watch a good UO stream when Im at work hehe, I think you will have viewers but just be careful about the whole stream snipe thing, it will be mandatory to put a delay (15min 30min)
One day I was streaming a vvv on sunday and got stream sniped, I would still stream my gameplay if I didnt hate to farm hard to build new gear, but I believe a 30min/15min stream delay would work this out!