• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any idea?

• Thread starter mysticlisa516
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

mysticlisa516

Does anyone know what the money making object for the day is? This is crazy trying to get the best price.

P

princessofsh

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone know what the money making object for the day is? This is crazy trying to get the best price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even know we had one? o-O?

M

mysticlisa516

yes,,gnomes were paying very well one minute, then the next i got $12 with a skill level of 16 and 7 ppl gnoming. So the good payouts are on another object today. Just would like to know without having to be rude and pop in and out of houses asking.

P

princessofsh

<blockquote><hr>

yes,,gnomes were paying very well one minute, then the next i got $12 with a skill level of 16 and 7 ppl gnoming. So the good payouts are on another object today. Just would like to know without having to be rude and pop in and out of houses asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...$12 with a high skill level with other people. Thats...Really, low. LOL I am not trying to sound greedy but...wow.

G

I dont see how its rude to ask whats paying to a money house especially if you dont own a money house. Really you dont even have to ask. Just go to various money lots and dig in. If you do own a money house get 1 of each single money item and test it yourself daily. Thats what we do at my house.

M

mysticlisa516

I guess your definition of rude and mine are different. But is ok...just trying to help everyone get the info. I hear about a community, sims helping sims, but guess I was wrong. I thought this would be the best place for everyone to the information for getting the $. Why hunt and peck if someone has the answer.

G

You're missing the point, I own a money house, if you came in and asked I would tell you and no I would not think its rude, well unless you came in every day only to ask and then left immediately. Pretty soon I'd stop telling you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess your definition of rude and mine are different. But is ok...just trying to help everyone get the info. I hear about a community, sims helping sims, but guess I was wrong. I thought this would be the best place for everyone to the information for getting the $. Why hunt and peck if someone has the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because for alot of people the CHALLENGE of finding the highest object is half the point...for those that don't want the challenge they can go to a money house, like Niki suggested, and won't even have to ask, they'll know by what money object people are flocked to. At least that's my take on it.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

TTL-ish

We must think about some of our players, though. Many people come online for only an hour or so a day, and if they were to try out each money object individually, by the time they'd have found it, they'd have to get off shortly. I don't know how or where the information could be placed, but it would be nice information to have on hand IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL-ish

We must think about some of our players, though. Many people come online for only an hour or so a day, and if they were to try out each money object individually, by the time they'd have found it, they'd have to get off shortly. I don't know how or where the information could be placed, but it would be nice information to have on hand IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's NO way that info could stay current though, or even close to current when it changes without warning. We're not talking about something that changes with the morning's maintenance and can be posted by an admin or a mod once for that day and then they wouldn't have to mess with it again. Even if they can only play for an hour or so, why couldn't they just land at an almost full money house and observe for 5-10 minutes to see what the current hot object is, and play that one until you see payouts going down, and then the lot would experiment to see what is up next. Someone would actually have to be designated and dedicated to updating info as soon as it happens just to prevent everybody else from taking 5-10 minutes to do it for themselves, and I'm not sure that's fair to ask of volunteers. I think this is just something that people are going to have to gage when deciding whether or not they have time to play, and maybe if they only have an hour or so to play, doing a little skilling or shopping or some other activity would be better than trying to do one green cycle basically of money objects but not being willing to find out what the hot money object of the moment is.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

TTL

Luc stated just yesterday: "I hope you enjoyed the 200% skilling earlier today. Some of those events will be announced, others will not." Therefore we will sometimes be told what is paying well and other times we will simply have to figure it out.

To me, crazy=challenge and I think that is exactly what this game needs!

M

mysticlisa516

I see your point. But this morning I went to a house and everyone was flocked to the typewriters. But they were paying crap. When after looking around for 1/2 hr I discovered that it was gnomes that were paying the best.

Look, all I'm looking for is a little community spirit of helping each other out. Why not keep a post alive, and if it is discovered that payouts have changed, check out the post and see if someone has posted, and if not post it yourself. Thats all I'm asking. A little help.

Those that don't want to know, don't have to look.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

Luc stated just yesterday: "I hope you enjoyed the 200% skilling earlier today. Some of those events will be announced, others will not." Therefore we will sometimes be told what is paying well and other times we will simply have to figure it out.

To me, crazy=challenge and I think that is exactly what this game needs!

[/ QUOTE ]

He said sometimes 'THESE EVENTS' will be anounced, meaning special stuff like accelerated skilling. I don't draw from that that sometimes they will announce here or on the blog which is the currently highest paying money object,nor should they. As to the last sentence, I agree 100%. The number two complaint, right behind no updates for 2 years, was that this game is BORING for them. Therefore adding a little spice to the mundane activities is just what the 'doctor ordered', I believe. Who knows, maybe one day there will be no more people that laugh at TSO calling it 'playing with electronic dolls'! As a person who loves the game and is rooting for the future of the game, that would be music to my ears, to not ever hear that

M

mysticlisa516

Yes, challenges are nice to a point. But why make it frustrating.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, challenges are nice to a point. But why make it frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If challenges were easy, and not frustrating to a point, they wouldn't still be challenges by definition
. Even games on Pogo that are totally non-violent, and without avatars, have an element of challenge, and yeah sometimes frustration to them......people play them because sometimes it's nice not to have things be a 'gimme'. It's not difficult to go through 6 money objects (1 of each, roughly 24 minutes) to figure out which one is the highest paying....that's not my definition of frustrating.....time consuming, maybe but increadibly easy and therefore not frustrating.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Personally, I've never found interacting with other players in game and chatting it up to find out the newest information to be all that frustrating. Networking with other players in game has always been part of the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I see your point. But this morning I went to a house and everyone was flocked to the typewriters. But they were paying crap. When after looking around for 1/2 hr I discovered that it was gnomes that were paying the best.

Look, all I'm looking for is a little community spirit of helping each other out. Why not keep a post alive, and if it is discovered that payouts have changed, check out the post and see if someone has posted, and if not post it yourself. Thats all I'm asking. A little help.

Those that don't want to know, don't have to look.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see anything wrong with what you want to do.
Just go ahead and post it, with a clear title so that the ones who don't want to know will be able to avoid it.

T

Tristan Lewis

TTL

We all need to remember DYNAMIC PAYOUTS this means the payouts can change 1 hr to the next. Depending on the number of people doing each object on any given hour.

M

mysticlisa516

ok,,i understand challenges,,,but come on $12 for a potion. Isn't that a little on the low side...and from what I see, most objects are paying around this amount. I thought $40 when they first lowered payout was ok, since it was at least reasonable, but $12? Give me a break!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok,,i understand challenges,,,but come on $12 for a potion. Isn't that a little on the low side...and from what I see, most objects are paying around this amount. I thought $40 when they first lowered payout was ok, since it was at least reasonable, but $12? Give me a break!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The object that is currently the highest paying one, if the person has 20.51-20.99 in that skill, and 11 other people besides them are making the same object, will pay more than $12 I am positive. If the potion tables/chalkboards were the high payout object for the time you were doing them, and you do have 20.51-20.99 logic I'll be surprised, and I'd report it as a bug on the Wiki bug boards if that is the case.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There's NO way that info could stay current though, or even close to current when it changes without warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly true. I think this would make a great widget. I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure it would be possible to program a widget to reflect the base payout of all of the different money objects.

I'd also think it would be possible to do this with object prices, now that they too are dynamic.

This would allow for the information to be constantly up to date and accurate, and I think it would even be fun.

The only problem is that it could be abused by botters, however I think one the botters are slowed down by other means, this would be something to consider.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There's NO way that info could stay current though, or even close to current when it changes without warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly true. I think this would make a great widget. I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure it would be possible to program a widget to reflect the base payout of all of the different money objects.

I'd also think it would be possible to do this with object prices, now that they too are dynamic.

This would allow for the information to be constantly up to date and accurate, and I think it would even be fun.

The only problem is that it could be abused by botters, however I think one the botters are slowed down by other means, this would be something to consider.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still missing the point that even if it is possible to use a widget like you say, which we don't know if it is, that would take out a key element of the game that is intended. Nobody wants sims to be able to amass fortunes very fast, or any faster than they can now by obtaining this information themselves. If the info was posted here, then people would just automatically go to that money object and never any of the others, so the economy would in turn shift and make another object tops, and sims would not do more than 1-3 of the same object before it changed again, and people would spend their days chasing the stupid widget...sims gripe about how frustrating things are now and you think that's gonna make it somehow better?
It's a good idea in theory, but as often as things can fluctuate, it just isn't practical.....like I said, if it was only a once a day, or even twice a RL day, then maybe yeah, but as it is a device like you suggest is just gonna unbalance things nearly as fast as a bot could/would.

People will get used to things and find the best way to make things work with what we have now, or they will decide they can't be bothered and quit...we've gone through stuff like this with all the updates....the "One more thing I don't like" threads. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

sims gripe about how frustrating things are now and you think that's gonna make it somehow better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Judging from things Luc has said, web applications are the future of TSO. Web applications include widgets. I foresee these actually being brought INTO the game, and I don't think it is that far off either.

As much as people don't like to compare the two, the game is becoming a lot like Second Life. It's not a matter of "copying" Second Life. It's a matter of CATCHING UP to it. If you've ever been there, you'd know that the entire world is created by the players. Apps exist within the world, created by players. In fact, the entire concept revolves around them.

With the changes we've seen thus far and by comments made by the team, Luc especially, that is where the game is headed.

That being said, I am ready to embrace the world of widgets and web applications. I have no doubt that they will change in a major way how we play our game and how the economy works. As of now the changes are being done by hand. I have no doubt that in the near future they will be automated.

The way I see it, at that time, the two forementioned widgets would help players who can't devote their entire lives to the game manage to spend an hour or two a day working on whatever is most efficient at the time.

The funny thing about it is that I see them not only giving the "one to two hour player" an advantage, I see them giving the power player a slight disadvantage. Somebody who is playing a few hours will notice only a few changes on payouts and prices. Somebody who plays all day will see many. This will mean a lot of changes in gameplay. I think this will create a balance in the game that does not currently exist.

You can agree or disagree with me. It'll probably be the latter. These are just my opinions. [/rant]

M

mysticlisa516

She'll disagree, she always does.

I'm just a little tired of when I come up with a suggestion I get slammed that that is not the way the games is intended to be played. Who the hell gave them the right to say how I play my game?

G

<blockquote><hr>

She'll disagree, she always does.

[/ QUOTE ]ditto that...she seems to know what's intended, which view my game should be in, and why we are playing..but she does so with a smile

you make a good suggestion, and eventually someone will figure out how to make it work efficiently enough to be useful

G

On the sim that I play the most, she has almost 10.99 in body. Bashing pinatas today, she made $10 per pinata, by herself. I then switched her to jams, (which she has NO cooking skills, btw)....and made $10 per sell.

I think a widget with the current payout amount would be very helpful. Yes, I realize that payouts can and do change alot, but I think alot of people would find such a widget very useful.

I am always up for a challenge, but my goal since I started playing in EA Land has been to have more than 1k in my bank account, which is very hard to do!
It's frustrating to make $10 per sell.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still missing the point that even if it is possible to use a widget like you say, which we don't know if it is, that would take out a key element of the game that is intended. Nobody wants sims to be able to amass fortunes very fast, or any faster than they can now by obtaining this information themselves. If the info was posted here, then people would just automatically go to that money object and never any of the others, so the economy would in turn shift and make another object tops, and sims would not do more than 1-3 of the same object before it changed again, and people would spend their days chasing the stupid widget...sims gripe about how frustrating things are now and you think that's gonna make it somehow better?
It's a good idea in theory, but as often as things can fluctuate, it just isn't practical.....like I said, if it was only a once a day, or even twice a RL day, then maybe yeah, but as it is a device like you suggest is just gonna unbalance things nearly as fast as a bot could/would.

People will get used to things and find the best way to make things work with what we have now, or they will decide they can't be bothered and quit...we've gone through stuff like this with all the updates....the "One more thing I don't like" threads. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

so your solution is.. let them get used to it or let them quit?

the widget is a fantastic idea. that way people can flock to different objects/houses. it would suck to spend all day doing boards only to realize that for the last 3 hours the group doing potions has been earning a lot more.

unbalance the game? more like diversify it so you're not in a complete grind. getting a few dozen or a hundred simoleans more wont create gajillionaires