• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any hope for this 'botched' bane dragon?

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you know how people say "don't train your prepatch and rare pets before you really know what you're doing?" Well uh, I didn't get that message when I returned a few years ago and I sold 9 bane dragons for 40m each and botched the one I kept :x I stuck him in the stables for a couple years and now I'm wondering if he has any PvM value left or if he is truly 'botched'.

This is what I'm working with:

1583933823299.png

Also has venomous strike and poison breath. 287 training points left.

What can I do with that small amount of points to help this? Cap INT and raise as many skills to 115 as possible? Raise wrestling and parry to 120 and put the rest in INT? Put it all into raising as many skill caps as I can?

Another question: I've heard magery mastery is bad. Something about weird behaviors? In the plan I have the option to choose one more magical ability. I don't have the points for anything substantial, but if I choose poisoning will it allow me to override magery mastery at this point, even though the bane already has poisoning? Is magery mastery really that bad on a pet?

From what I've read I've essentially made him an AoE pet, right? Both venomous and poison breath with do AoE poison (with one of them doing AoE poison/fire)?

Obviously it won't be a top end pet but if I can still use him for AoE and poison-weak situations it would save me the 4-500m for an untrained one to redeem myself. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance for any help :)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hmmm, we personally would at least max Int (123 points) and go for 120 Eval Int (should be another 100 points?) We can't comment on the usefulness or uselessness of Magery Mastery, apart from training a Stygian Drake on Navrey a long time ago, we haven't used pets with it yet. So we leave that for others to comment on. We would think it should be possible to "downgrade" back to plain Magery for 2 points by choosing Poisoning and then Magery? But we'd await others opinions before doing that heh.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Could the pet be better? Yeah, but you haven't completely ruined it. Venomous bite and poison breath are both good area spells. Definitely an AoE pet at this point.

Here's what I would do: add 120 eval int scroll, raise INT to 370, raise HP regen to 20 if you can (you're going to need it with only 73 physical/fire resist he's going to take a beating). Magery mastery isn't bad, sometimes they will buff their enemies (bug), but it will have more damage output than poison so I would stick with it if I were you, especially since you already added a 110 eval scroll. If there's any more points add highest parry scroll you can.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If we did our calculations right, there's only 64 points left after the Int and EI 120, so merely 3 HPR and then 10 points for whatever, like Parry 110? Or indeed spend 20 points for Parry 120, and take HPR to 12?
We wouldn't worry too much about the 73 resists, that seems decent enough. We notice not that much of a difference between the all 73 and the 80-75-3x70 pets we have.