• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any good animals to tame?

G

I'm at around 86 skill and was wondering if there's anything I can actually tame to take out and fight, say ettins or something similar. Mostly so I can get used to fighting with a pet as I haven't fought with any yet, just skill gained. Also to raise my vet skill some. Thanks

J

JoyousGard

86 is around where i stopped training taming for a while...

A plus 10 ring and a plus 10 bracelet gets you to 106 and you are a king among men.

Fool around with this stratics page , I think it is still relevant (it works for me).

At that level I tamed 5 supreme hellkittens and had a lot of fun with ettins and earth ellies in despise.

In retrspect that was not really the best. At 86 tame 86 lore... you have a 10 percent chance to tame a bake kitsune found in Tokuno.

Bakes have 300 HP, good resist, good damage, magic. 2 slots... You can have two and ride a horse.

If you are wimpy like me ... tame a local gaman and "all stay"... lure the bake up to the road, An Lor Xen, and use gaman (w/ much vetting) to attack the bake. When the bake is beat down, start taming. He will still damage you, but you gotta fight through with heals or run and heals an lor xen.

Since you are training taming still... you can be selective... after taming a bake you don't like have it attack the Tsuki wolves nearby... both beat each other down pretty well and then you kill the winner. Easy money and selecting the best bake.

Best chance to tame is when bake is in human form.

You could also tame a drake

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I belive you can tame drakes now there kind of fun here is a link to a table that will tell you what critters you can tame also dont forget things like ostys or bears they have pack instinct
taming table

G

hmm so a pack of ostards would be good? I read about the pack instinct which does sound interesting.. Also, where would be the best place to get a good set of ostys?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
go to T2a and they can be found in the middle area all over between delucia and papua the frenzieds are the ones you want if i remember right they had better stats get them trained up and a pack of them will rip you a new a hole they hard part is keeping them all healed up you could also do polar bears thats what i did and there fun and look cool