• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Any Fishing Pre-chest Loot Considered Rare?

M

MYUO

Haven't done fishing for a long time. Back in the days, I never heard of any pre-chest loot being rare. Anyone know better? Thanks!

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the 'recovered from a shipwreck' designation is in the top yellow line of text, that means that it is rather old and hard to find nowadays. Paintings and shells are common enough, but some of the other things are pretty darn rare now. Globes, clocks, barrels, sandals, bones and body parts, etc.

M

MYUO

Thanks for reply. A few days ago I turned in a bunch of pre-chest loot after doing 11 ancient sos. They include some globe, barrel and body parts. I thought they were common.

C

Connor_Graham

When the 'recovered from a shipwreck' designation is in the top yellow line of text, that means that it is rather old and hard to find nowadays. Paintings and shells are common enough, but some of the other things are pretty darn rare now. Globes, clocks, barrels, sandals, bones and body parts, etc.
What kind of value are we talking about for the rarer pieces?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for reply. A few days ago I turned in a bunch of pre-chest loot after doing 11 ancient sos. They include some globe, barrel and body parts. I thought they were common.
Don't fret, the ones accepted by the turn-in NPC are indeed common. The text type specified in my post has not been available for many years. Obviously, a subtle difference, but most rares are.

What kind of value are we talking about for the rarer pieces?
A few hundred thousand (100-600 or so). As mentioned, paintings, shells and pillows are less (maybe 30-250k, with the top end reserved for the large painting pretty much -- maybe pillows coming in second for a bit less.)

C

Connor_Graham

That's good to know as I have a broken clock and 2 skulls, one facing right and one facing left, along with the various assortment of pillows and the smaller paintings. Funny thing is I picked up at least half of them sitting on the ground next to the turn in guy.