• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any ETA on EJ bank box fix? zero bank storage for returning players

aHolyCow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello, please consider fixing the EJ bank box next patch.

Problem - If you return to the game using EJ, and your account is over the bank limit, you cannot access anything. The player should be allowed to access up to the limit of items. Please fix. I saw that this fix was "coming soon" but there has been a patch months later with no fix.

"In the near future we will be adding the ability to remove items from the bank that are over the set max limit.

UO Team"

Posted on April 16, 2018 by Mesanna

This was over like, 6 months ago. Any update since?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They really dropped the ball on this, did nobody give any thought at all to storage? And 6 months later that ball is still on the floor...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's what the vaults are for...you rent a vault and take out the stuff in your bank and put it in your vault....problem solved :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
cant take anything out of bank is the problem
Yeah you can, you just can't put anything IN it....right click to take it out...you can access your bank from the vault area so you can take stuff right out of your bank and put it in the vault.

Nevermind, they must have broken that again.....I just tested it :/

The way it's SUPPOSED to work..and how it worked before....was that you could remove items and then place them in your vault...must report it I guess, what a bummer!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 ej accounts and I was able to get it ens from Bank box last week
I emptyed all my characters boxes and didn’t buy any vaults

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can test it with my vault later, but last I checked, you can move items from your bank to your vault even when your bank is over the storage limit. Unless they broke it.

Merth

Journeyman
When i logged in last week using EJ i couldnt access anything said i was overlimit. Was good i guess caused me to resub.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other issue with EJ is that new players start with 1000 gold in backpack, ofcourse they want to bank it, but you cant drop it in bank.
You have to use one of the options in the NPC banking menu, which is by no means obvious for a new or returning player.

Also the menu has all options for transfer account and whatnot, not at all interesting for a new player. What he need to use is option number 5 and 6 which is "deposit/withdraw gold into secure account" this probably creates some frustration, in addition to not knowing what a "secure account" is and that its shared on all chars on that account.

Could me made easier and more intuitive.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there something I am missing here?

I am trying the EJ thing and can't access the previous items from my bank as over the limit.

I say fine and buy one of them vaults. Didn't matter, still can't access anything in my old bank...

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From inside the vault, open your bank box. You should have the option to move stuff to your vault.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes, this could have been done much differently...

I get that they don't want people playing just to play, but it could have been a little easier. I personally have no intention of subbing, I am just too part time a player now but I will pay to keep the vault each month, that is enough for me.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My issue with playing EJ with my very old account is that I have long forgotten the email linked to that account. I am not sure how to buy a vault without automatically adding it to my paid account, that doesn't need a vault.

Edit: I have attempted to purchase sovereigns so I may get a vault for my EJ account, but the game/website doesn't allow me to have sovereigns on my now alt account. I don't know how to get around that road block either. I shouldn't have to "solve a puzzle" to spend money at Broadsword or EA's website.