• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any effecient way to get magery off a rune beetle?

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wondering if anyone has discovered a way to get magery off the rune beetle without spending 500p. I was hoping i could double up on poison but it doesnt appear possible. Looking to make a cb pet and rune beetle combo. Any advice is much appreciated!

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wondering if anyone has discovered a way to get magery off the rune beetle without spending 500p. I was hoping i could double up on poison...
Adding magery mastery to the rune beetle for 1pt removes poisoning from the lore & knowledge page and adds it back to the magical abilities menu for re-selection.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Adding magery mastery to the rune beetle for 1pt removes poisoning from the lore & knowledge page and adds it back to the magical abilities menu for re-selection.
Brilliant, thanks for the advice that is just what i needed!

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Did you end up doing this? What is the outcome and did you only need to spend one point to remove Magery? I tamed a 3 slot rune beetle with 125 Poisoning and I was wondering the same thing.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You'd have to bring the Rune Beetle to 4 slots to drop Magery off of the Rune Beetle. That means you can't have CB on another pet at the same time with the same tamer, since no pet innately spawns with Conductive Blast. You'd require at least a 2 slot pet to have CB on it.
If you're using two Tamers, then you might as well just use a Disco+CB Triton on one, and a RC+AP Fire/Giant Beetle on the other, and ditch the Rune Beetle entirely. Rune Beetles have ability bloat, even without the Magery.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Agreed on the ability bloat.

I was just thinking that I need to find a rune beetle with as low eval and poisoning as I can so those intensity points are in stats instead.

Then I can drop poisoning and Magery for discord and use him as a 5 slot debuff machine. Should be great for going out with multiple tamers in your guild.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ang 7 I did do this and it works well in my set up. I play 4 accounts and my reasoning for rune beetle was because they do mostly energy damage. Between cb, disco and rc energy resist on any mob is very low. While playerskill is right, they are a bit overloaded, they can still shine when paired right. Taking magery off is a must to make them actually useful in anything other than high seas. If you could just get bleed off them they'd be great. If your thinking of putting disco on one your going to be hard pressed on points. I keep disco on two of my tamer bards so I never need it on the pets. I also use a yumi for AP so I don't need that either. I've been running a triton with cb, two runs beetles with magery taken off and a chiv energy drake. It's fun.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone please clarify the point of this Thread to me because I fail to grasp it. Please bear with me if my questions sound naive but this pets' training is all new to me and I am still in the learning process of it.

The OP asks of a way cheaper as 500 points to take off Magery (the Magic I assume) from a Rune Beetle.

The very 1st reply, suggests that adding Magery mastery to the rune beetle for 1pt removes poisoning from the lore & knowledge page and adds it back to the magical abilities menu for re-selection.

Now, I understood that the OP wanted to take "Magery"" off the Rune Beetle, not "Poisoning" as the suggestion would take off.....

Yet, the OP, to my understanding, answered that the suggested solution was what he needed....

Could someone please also kindly clarify to me what would be the advantage to remove Magery as a Magics from a Rune Beetle in the first place ?

Its Physical Damage is only 20% (Poison 10% and Fire & Cold 0%) with its real Damage strength being Energy at 70% which would need Magery spells, I would imagine, to deliver significant damage to the target and even better, when together with the Rune Corruption ability which, as I understands, halves the targets resists thus permitting to the Rune Beetle to deliver more Energy damage....

So, I fail to understand what good would do to a Rune Beetle to be without any Magery Magic...

Also, I see it as mentioned within the Thread "Conductive Blast" which, I understand, reduces Energy Resist of the Target by 50% for 4s.
Now, at least according to Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com I only see as a Rune Beetle available Special Ability the "Rune Corruption" and none other.

So, how would then a Rune Beetle be able to get then Conductive Blast as a Special Ability if it is not available at all in the first place ?

Can anyone please kindly enlighten me on the motifs of these changes and Thread discussion so that I can better learn the ins and outs of pets' Training ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can anyone please clarify the point of this Thread to me because I fail to grasp it. Please bear with me if my questions sound naive but this pets' training is all new to me and I am still in the learning process of it.

The OP asks of a way cheaper as 500 points to take off Magery (the Magic I assume) from a Rune Beetle.

The very 1st reply, suggests that adding Magery mastery to the rune beetle for 1pt removes poisoning from the lore & knowledge page and adds it back to the magical abilities menu for re-selection.

Now, I understood that the OP wanted to take "Magery"" off the Rune Beetle, not "Poisoning" as the suggestion would take off.....

Yet, the OP, to my understanding, answered that the suggested solution was what he needed....

Could someone please also kindly clarify to me what would be the advantage to remove Magery as a Magics from a Rune Beetle in the first place ?

Its Physical Damage is only 20% (Poison 10% and Fire & Cold 0%) with its real Damage strength being Energy at 70% which would need Magery spells, I would imagine, to deliver significant damage to the target and even better, when together with the Rune Corruption ability which, as I understands, halves the targets resists thus permitting to the Rune Beetle to deliver more Energy damage....

So, I fail to understand what good would do to a Rune Beetle to be without any Magery Magic...

Also, I see it as mentioned within the Thread "Conductive Blast" which, I understand, reduces Energy Resist of the Target by 50% for 4s.
Now, at least according to Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com I only see as a Rune Beetle available Special Ability the "Rune Corruption" and none other.

So, how would then a Rune Beetle be able to get then Conductive Blast as a Special Ability if it is not available at all in the first place ?

Can anyone please kindly enlighten me on the motifs of these changes and Thread discussion so that I can better learn the ins and outs of pets' Training ?

Thanks !
The original poster is trying to make a pet that will work well with another pet that has "Conductive Blast." The rune beetle wouldn't have it. The other pet would.

As far as removing magery, it looks like the original poster wants to have poisoning twice rather than magery and poisoning. The rune beetle has poisoning automatically to start. I didn't know this was even possible, but I'd imagine if the pet had poisoning twice, it would try and use it more often, possibly keeping poison going constantly. I could see the benefit of this for PvP maybe, although I know very little about PvP.

I'm not that versed in taming yet, but this seems like that is what is being attempted.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So by using the magery mastery it removes poisoning. Then you can add poisoning back to remove the magery mastery. This takes off magery and increases the pets use of rune corruption.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So by using the magery mastery it removes poisoning. Then you can add poisoning back to remove the magery mastery. This takes off magery and increases the pets use of rune corruption.
So, basically, the Rune Beetle would only be able to poison and do Rune Corruption which halves the targets resistances....

But the Rune Beetle, by itself, would do only very little damage at that point, is that correct ?

Which it means, that it would need another pet to rely on doing damage to the target to get somewhere (that is, to kill the target...).

Question is, if, as another poster pointed out, this would only be possible to a Rune Beetle at 4 slots, this would inevitably require another tamer to control another pet that does damage alongside with the Rune Beetle....

Did I get that right ?

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Let me sum up what I was doing and still do. I play 4 accounts. I use a triton with cb, which lowers energy resist by 50%. I use two rune beetles with magery taken off so they do rc more and two keep it up well. That lowers all resist 50%. So you are lowering energy resist by 75% when both are active, which is most of the fight. I use an energy drake with chiv to max the dps from the low energy resist. I choose rune beetle bc they have high nrg damage. If you don't have people to play with or multiple accounts there is no real reason to use a rune beetle as they are too tight on point for a magic skill and a giant beetle/fire beetle keep up rc better.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait, i thought RC could only be applied once...
Or your saying between rc and cb it lowers it that much? Add in a disco pet somewhere?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me sum up what I was doing and still do. I play 4 accounts. I use a triton with cb, which lowers energy resist by 50%. I use two rune beetles with magery taken off so they do rc more and two keep it up well. That lowers all resist 50%. So you are lowering energy resist by 75% when both are active, which is most of the fight. I use an energy drake with chiv to max the dps from the low energy resist. I choose rune beetle bc they have high nrg damage. If you don't have people to play with or multiple accounts there is no real reason to use a rune beetle as they are too tight on point for a magic skill and a giant beetle/fire beetle keep up rc better.
Out of curiosity, how can you keep all of those 4 pets alive when you got to control 4 accounts at the same one time ?

I assume that you tank the target with the Triton and then have the other 3 kick in but still, if it is a situation with more spawn then just 1 target, it can get messy with the rest of the spawn targeting your 2 Rune Beetles which would go down quick or even the Energy Drake....

I am just curious about how you manage to keep all 4 pets alive having to control 4 accounts at once....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Out of curiosity, how can you keep all of those 4 pets alive when you got to control 4 accounts at the same one time ?

I assume that you tank the target with the Triton and then have the other 3 kick in but still, if it is a situation with more spawn then just 1 target, it can get messy with the rest of the spawn targeting your 2 Rune Beetles which would go down quick or even the Energy Drake....

I am just curious about how you manage to keep all 4 pets alive having to control 4 accounts at once....
He probably has the Chiv+AI Energy Drake go in first and tank with Consume Damage running on it, the Disco+CB Triton go in second to debuff while the Death Ray Tamer/Mage© keeps Death Ray channeled, then sends in the two Rune Beetles with two SW/Tamers running Gift of Renewal.

Might want to swap a Rune Beetle for a RC+AP Fire/Giant Beetle. The +10% damage taken debuff from AP will boost everyone else's damage, and with Death Ray, that +10% can be a sizable chunk. Plus it'd boost WoD Damage for the SW/Tamers.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I send in the chiv drake with consume, who is the archers pet, after I get honor off. Then the cb triton, then rune beetles. The healing is not much of a problem because bard buffs are running. Two of the chars are bards and they run provo and peace masteries. They can only keep up one of each mastery so choosing which to run is relative to the fight but it's usually inc defense chance and increase hit chance ones. If the mobs can be disco healing is almost not necessary at all. As for armor pierce, I get that via the archer with the yumi. So I go in and get honor, send drake in, triton, rune beetles, set death ray, then play archer keeping up amor pierce.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just want to add, anyone reading that likes the idea of playing multiple account.... You should do it. Create an endless journey account, if you can afford it grab a mythic token and it won't be long before you will have two functional accounts that can really benefit from each other. So much of this game is aimed at a minimum of two players. You can easily solo the roof running two accounts. A sampire paired with a bard tamer with a disco pet might be the most effective two player set up there is. Gl all!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Other than the roof, can you mention the other content you do with 4 accounts?

You shall tell !! You shall tell ! Tell us your secret hunting spots!! :devil:
(Jk of course.)
** Bright Light flashing on your face, and thumb-screws on getting tighter **

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Honestly, you really don't need more than two accounts to do anything the game has to offer. In some cases you only want one char, a samp in doom comes to mind. However, blackthorn and high seas blunder beacons are great examples of the benefit in having multiple accounts. Yes you need to purchase some expansions but it's worth it in terms of time. Getting used to alt tabing and setting up your account so you can move between windows takes some time to get used to but you can become quite effective with it and the auto follow the game offers is very helpful.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for armor pierce, I get that via the archer with the yumi. So I go in and get honor, send drake in, triton, rune beetles, set death ray, then play archer keeping up amor pierce.
Ahhh, yes. Now i remember suggesting a 100% Energy Yumi for AP on an Archer/Tamer with a Disco+CB Triton awhile back.
Archer/Tamer with Chiv+AI Energy Drake and AP, Death Ray Tamer/Mage © with Disco+RC Triton, and 2 Bard/Tamers running Provo/Peace Masteries with RC Beetles is an incredibly powerful group. Massive debuffage then.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ahhh, yes. Now i remember suggesting a 100% Energy Yumi for AP on an Archer/Tamer with a Disco+CB Triton awhile back.
Archer/Tamer with Chiv+AI Energy Drake and AP, Death Ray Tamer/Mage © with Disco+RC Triton, and 2 Bard/Tamers running Provo/Peace Masteries with RC Beetles is an incredibly powerful group. Massive debuffage then.
Yeah it works great for certain stuff. I've been running samp and two bard tamers. Funnest to play imo.