• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any changes heading a Treasure Hunters way?

• Thread starter BennosMorales
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BennosMorales

Well is there?

Throw us a bone here, already gave away the "REAL MAPS" as pellets to everyone, where I still make the "Traditional 'Wall Hanging'"
You gave it to the crafter, you have given it to the Tamer, you have nerf'd both archery/ninja....try someone/ or something new and work with a profession who hasn't complained before....Phillips wooden steed?!?!?!?!? better come up with a story behind Phillip, pfft...just show us THunters you care!

Thanks for the help, I may just close this account and save my hard earned cash...

G

Won't someone think of the treasure hunters??

Seriously, this is a profession/pastime that is DEEPLY entrenched in the game, (think of how long THB has been around, and the work that has gone into creating rune libraries, and map libraries).

And yet most people seem to find it an utter bore and waste of time now because there is nothing new to surprise them and no real treasure to be found. And by surprise, I don't mean have a super dragon or peerless boss popping out of the chest at them or increasing the existing chest spawn ten fold.

-Skylark

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

I'd like to see less scrolls and gems and add in ML and Tok items.

Maybe a slight chance for a runic saw/tools/kit/hammer as incentive to actually do maps again.

B

BennosMorales

I understand that Skylark, but do the ends justify the means?

I stand by a code for Treasure Hunting, unlike some of the others. No Cartography no Treasure Hunting, plain and simple. I'm foolish...I guess.

With the beefing up of the Tamers SuperDragons, and the Crafters Arms Lore...bah...Treasure huntings just for farming regs then...*looks to close account*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'd like to see less scrolls and gems and add in ML and Tok items.

Maybe a slight chance for a runic saw/tools/kit/hammer as incentive to actually do maps again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better loot in the chest, I am so tired of the trash I pull from the chest when the loot off the chest guardians is far better. And make it worth doing the lower level maps as well, toss a bone to those t hunters doing level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 maps. Put a % of a chance of getting something really decent from each chest.

G

I don't know if there are any changes coming ... but if you keep digging, you might find out

U

_Uriah Heep_

Variety, the spice of life!

How many Luna Lances and Phillips Steeds do ya think I want!?!?

B

BennosMorales

hupf...thats what I'm talkin about. I have found verynice rings/ bracelets and many a throwaway sword/kryss/ bow...ya never know what ya might pop out of the chest.

I'll keep diggin' but if "the devs" keep pleasing the other builds or races...the Treasure Hunter should get thiers!

Support the Treasure Hunter!

G

I happen to like getting GEMS!!!!! The shinnies... those are mine!.... Girls like spraklies....

Now however..... I do agree that the Treasure Hunting is just sad... Needs a MAJOR upgrade...... I would beg and I would pleed get on my knees.... whatever it takes.. if the dev's would Please upgrade the Thunter

I

imported_Edward The Less

One man's trash is another man's treasure???? Beggars could rummage through trash barrels and recive random loot sometimes worth a lot?

NPCs could have yard sales where 1 item in every 10,000 is an antique worth 10,000,000 gold?

You can buy a house with an old barn and every 5,000th barn has old cars....errr old mounts worth millions?

Add something funny like 1 in every 500 chests dug up spawns Richard Simions who dances to the oldies instead of monsters attacking you?

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to be a t-hunting fiend. Before Power Hour, I was one of the few GM T-Hunters on my shard and would get hired often to dig up maps for people. I still remember when it used to require an entire guild to do level 4-5 maps.

T-hunting has definitely lost a lot of its appeal. All the chests are soloable, too much junk loot and the better pieces are usually passable at best. I can't remember the last time I bothered digging up a chest.

I would like to see a return of the specialized t-hunter, without necessarily nerfing the "casual" t-hunter. There should be a reward to using remove trap rather than telekinesis. Using detect hidden on a chest should give the player of chance to discover a hidden compartment containing a rarer loot, another tmap or a quest giver item.

Gems shouldn't be removed from chest. Gems and Gold are the natural items people expect to find in a t-chest, but all the low end junk needs to go unless they become quest related (for example, a junk dagger engraved with a name). I would rather have less items but with better loot and especially items that are unique to that trade.

Last but not least, t-hunters shouldn't just be able to lure the mobs away from the chest and let the poor home owners in the area clean up their mess. A chest guardian should act accordingly. You lure it away and run back to loot the chest, he should pop right back to the chest once he's lost the player. Level 4-5 and especially level 6 chests should be challenging, not soloable. I'd like to see a few high end paragon type pop from them, and not the usual one monster at the time trickle, but a good 3-4 popping up at once, laying the smack down

G

I have to admit that reading your post I reflexively fret about the potential nerfing of the solo treasure hunter. I can sympathize with the desire for more team content, but I have this urge to cry "not in my back yard".

I find as they stand now, maps are a great learning tool for how to deal with surprise and fighting some higher-end critters in an open area where healers are only a jog away if catastrophe strikes. I still look back at my first, nervous, hit-and-run, hour-long duel across a wooded island against my first ancient wyrm I ever encountered, racing all over a wooded island as my all-time favorite battle in UO. Even now, I find them to be a good refresher for my reflexes and about as much danger as I like to face at a time.

But truth be told, I'm not doing as many maps in KR as I did in 2D so perhaps I could be convinced to get over my territorial possessiveness of the system and learn to share it.

C

Crystilastmous

I agree, T-Hunters need a boost. I used to do a lot of it. T Hunting was very stimulating content and now it does not compare to anything else.

Reason people like to play uo: Diversity of profession. - Give T Hunters a boost.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't seen anyone mention fishing. Yes! Fishing is as much treasure hunting as is digging up a chest. I think an overhaul of all chests are in order. These days I might do 10 SOSs in a row and get 1-2 items worth keeping(and im not really that picky). Way back when i GM'd Fishing, i would fish up a mib and it would be the greatest thing to me. With all the intensity and craftable changes, treasure chests seem to have been left behind with the loot.

All Treasure chests need a bump or some kind of chance at something valuable.

B

BennosMorales

<blockquote><hr>

Should there be? Yeah, way over due. Will there be? Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, ya can't have results without a suggustion.

B

BennosMorales

<blockquote><hr>

I used to be a t-hunting fiend. Before Power Hour, I was one of the few GM T-Hunters on my shard and would get hired often to dig up maps for people. I still remember when it used to require an entire guild to do level 4-5 maps.

T-hunting has definitely lost a lot of its appeal. All the chests are soloable, too much junk loot and the better pieces are usually passable at best. I can't remember the last time I bothered digging up a chest.

I would like to see a return of the specialized t-hunter, without necessarily nerfing the "casual" t-hunter. There should be a reward to using remove trap rather than telekinesis. Using detect hidden on a chest should give the player of chance to discover a hidden compartment containing a rarer loot, another tmap or a quest giver item.

Gems shouldn't be removed from chest. Gems and Gold are the natural items people expect to find in a t-chest, but all the low end junk needs to go unless they become quest related (for example, a junk dagger engraved with a name). I would rather have less items but with better loot and especially items that are unique to that trade.

Last but not least, t-hunters shouldn't just be able to lure the mobs away from the chest and let the poor home owners in the area clean up their mess. A chest guardian should act accordingly. You lure it away and run back to loot the chest, he should pop right back to the chest once he's lost the player. Level 4-5 and especially level 6 chests should be challenging, not soloable. I'd like to see a few high end paragon type pop from them, and not the usual one monster at the time trickle, but a good 3-4 popping up at once, laying the smack down

[/ QUOTE ]

I trained Remove to GM, ugh on Siege....no soulstone so I dropped it entirely....(big mistake) but hindsight is what? Call me a moron, call in a Priest...but I took up a thought and profession that many around Siege Perilous had given up on.

I haven't given up on digging up a chest, nor has a fine group of like minded individuals known on the Siege shard as The Treasure Hunters of Brittania.

Whatever is placed in the chest is fine with me, would like to see a ecru gem or some variation though. It is our charge to clean up either before or after clients, so making a mess around does not apply. I agree about the chest guardian...(Yet shudder at the sight) I'm griping about the contents of the higer level chests....not Adepts or Clevers.

G

Wow I wish we could devote a thread to Thunting. Perhaps get some dev feedback in there (*pokes Leurocian*) It'd be great to make use of the chests (literally chests) of maps I've horded.
Always afraid as soon as I throw them away they will do something exciting with tmaps!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a bit of a code, having worked up two legit treasure hunters (a melee character and a mage) as well as a crate thief (only has lockpicking).

I consider the people who don't have BOTH Cartography &amp; Lockpicking on their "treasure hunter" at the same time, to be posers - especially the ones that swap the two skills out, and never have them on the character at the same time anymore.

G

My 2nd account on SP was Range.

120 Provo/Music T-Hunter.

I miss that account. Was always fun!

I

imported_blesh

I'd like to see changes as well, I just made a t-hunter and would really like to have at least dencent loot in the chests.
:(

I

imported_trammelite

i am a passionate t-hunter and i do all levels of maps since years, 1-6, mostly solo, and it is a very important part of my game experience to be able to do them solo. i already hear the chorus "higher level t-maps shouldn't be soloable. team up" and such but the game has changed !!
Try to find someone ingame and motivate him/her/the group to be standing next to you for the time it needs to completely empty a lev 6 chest. he/she/they rather would do a peerless than stand there just waiting for something to pop up.
No, please let the lev 1-6 as they are, playable for the solo t-hunter.
if there is a need for a bigger challenge, introduce something like the ancient SOS for fishing: a special t-map that contains all of that mega-monster spawn stuff some people might need, a white t-map that spawns in t-chests, with different levels of probablity: lev 1 - 1/1000, lev 2 - 1/800, Lev 3 - 1/600, Lev 4 - 1/400, lev 5 - 1/200, lev 6 - 1/100. maybe the location for the ancient t-map could be Islhenar to bring life to this area and have the challenge of paragons ?
that would be a compromise where those who are bored by the current maps get attraction while not ruining the gameplay for the average weekend player and would make ALL t-maps attractive as a possible source for the white ancient t-map.

BTW- i hate recalling onto an island right next to some abandoned Balron's or Aw's to insta-die. i totally agree that this needs to be adressed. what about letting the chest not beeing lockpicked as long as one of the guardians is still alive ? and the "something standing in your way" could apply to the chest spawn from looting until these are killed.

only problem i see: as long as the spawn can appear in underground for example, this is not applicable, because you have no chance to kill the mob.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope Leurocian and Jeremy were successfull, or will be, in getting agenda time for t-hunting reevaluations...

I also hope Leurocian will enter the t-hunter forum and listen to our thoughts by starting a thread...

Time will tell...

S

Sir Ha-ward

I gotta agree here, theres so much stuff thats been added to the game in the last few years and the only thing i know of that thunters have gotten is a level 6 map added to the game with an arty in a green bag in the chest. The loot really isnt even worth looting anymore imo. Out of everything ive ever pulled from a level 6 chest ive never really gotten anything all too amazing. My throwaway suit i use in pvp is10x better than any of this loot.