• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Chance we could increase the amount of seeds that go into a Seed Box?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've already got over 2500 orange seeds (for orange petals), 1000 green seeds (for green thorns), and over 200 rare seeds (from solen quests).

At the rate I'm going, the Seed Box capacity will be loaded in 1 month from now.

So please increase the amount of seeds that can go into a Seed Box. Maybe 15,000 - 20,000 total & 10,000 to 12,000 rare seeds.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as one seed produces another eight when grown, I'm good with one seed of each plus a spare. The rest, I just grab when they're there.

2,500 petal plant seeds? Why!??! I just replant the beds with what I harvest off the last batch & ditch the rest. I've got a couple stashed in my box, all good.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that I am aware of. Happy to be corrected if something has changed and I've missed it.

I dunno about 'few', I have eleven raised beds on constant petal cycles; that's almost 100 seeds every cycle. But I get those easy from what I harvest each cycle. I have a few spares stashed away, but it doesn't take much to build up seeds if you happen, somehow, to lose a batch. One seed gives you eight. Those eight give sixty four and so on.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thanks for the information. But I'm still looking for info on the benefit or or downfall of hoarding resource seeds.

If anyone knows that is.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a spreadsheet that shows just how well planned the seedbox is in regards to the cap. You could have a box that had 16 or so of each seed plant and color with only a couple slots left over. This was excluding the Tri-Barrel bug, but not excluding rares.

If they make any changes to the box I'd ask for many other things first.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the seed box really needs is a option other than taking one or all seeds out. 65 raised beds is 585 seeds When I switch from snake plants to cypress trees it is a total pita to have to click one at a time to remove enough seeds and get it down to where my pack can hold a remove all. a 9 or 90 option for seed removal from the box would be great. Now days I just keep 585 seeds of the big crop changes in a regular chest beside the seed box, which is kind of stupid considering the seed box should not be such a PITA to use for more than 300 seeds.

downfall of hoarding resource seeds.
You will find the downfall fast when you have to click 2200 times to remove the seeds :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've already got over 2500 orange seeds
The reason you collect seeds is to have a chance of getting a white ,black seed or seed of renewal. You drop 2400 on the ground and put 100 seeds in the box.

Why?

You will find the downfall fast when you have to click 2500 times to remove the seeds :)
If you must store that many of one seed, do it in containers.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason you collect seeds is to have a chance of getting a white ,black seed or seed of renewal. You drop 2400 on the ground and put 100 seeds in the box.

Why?

Ok thanks. I didn't even think of other containers LOL!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive asked for the seed box to have a slide bar where u can take out set amount but wasn't done. no one needs that many seeds of one kind away unless it doesn't produce seeds. like you I learned the hard way lol click click click ect.... I also found seed box at idoc with 5000 of one kind of seeds.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive asked for the seed box to have a slide bar where u can take out set amount but wasn't done. no one needs that many seeds of one kind away unless it doesn't produce seeds. like you I learned the hard way lol click click click ect.... I also found seed box at idoc with 5000 of one kind of seeds.
Got my first seed box and dumped 4500 orange seeds into it thinking I could take 100 at a time out....... After the 250 I decided those seeds would forever be the first seeds in the seed box.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it would be lovely to have a number click up or down when you open the set seed you want to remove and take exactly how many you want out.
This I hope they install on the use of the seed box .... one seed at a time is getting on my nerves.
As for the 2500 orange seeds....
I have the garden beds and grow what I need for use and have a set amount of seeds in the seed boxes for the odd and end seeds one finds on hunts and the box is so clever to sort them.
As for the Bulk seeds.... 2k then let the rest stay on the plant and change to deco.
You still have a good deal of that plants seeds and will never go through that many in the life of UO, unless your a plant box horder...
You can keep those seeds out of the seed box on the side. Vanilla, orange petal, thorn, and the other seeds with resources can be out of the seed container and stack up to 60k... its only a few lock downs. This is up to you.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran

Why?

Wait I knew there was a chance for a seed of renewal, but there is a chance to get white or black seeds from planting ordinary seeds and collecting the seeds from them???

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait I knew there was a chance for a seed of renewal, but there is a chance to get white or black seeds from planting ordinary seeds and collecting the seeds from them???
You have to cross pollinate them. Just use one to pollinate the rest. I keep one in a container next to the beds. Then you have a chance for black or white.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seed of renewal are why I have so many raised beds lowest I have gotten per harvest has been 162 highest 290. You can burn through some seeds of renewal when you start imbuing suits with regens and who doesn't need 4680 green thorns, red leafs or orange petals every harvest lol. Actually the green thorns on Siege are very worthwhile if you multi client 7-8 toons around a dirt patch with half them having horde minions and blue beetles and just cycle through sticking thorns in the dirt patch, the regs pop, the minions pick them up and when the minion gets to 400 stones you move the regs to the beetles. Not such a big deal on prodo shards though.

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh My! I feel sorry for you when comes time to unload those seeds one at a time :sad2: I made that mistake at first , now I just keep 8 or so and just use the ones from the plants I grow. The seed box resource 8 are backup in case for some reason I trash all the others.
:gee:

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep 50 of every seed in the seed boxes and any extras in a wooden chest where they stack up if you need them for later or for other people