• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any chance of getting Clean Up points for trashing the advertisment book litter?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get 10 Clean Up points for each one we trash? I'd have made a few thousand points yesterday and 540 so far today after one clean up run. My new favorite UO Grind. :p

I agree with this a kajillion percent. I pick the books up and toss them. I do not believe that the low lifes who run these sites are entitled to rip players off......abuse their emotional connection to the game, all to make a buck. It's not just the slugs who sell pixels but the brainwashing guilds too. I pluralized that as not to have to give anyone a kleenex.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people would just sit there and macro books all day long for points

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lmao how about we jyst have boojs turned like death robes a newbie items , they are baxically usless for everting else. if not locked down poof, same as lose runes

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like, can I get paid for doing a good deed?
Sounds like can we motivate more people to trash the things. :)

Have the provisioners buy them and make them go away then, not just add them to their stock. That might get more to do a loop around Luna and run the moongates when they see the books. :)

Clean up the mess the litter bugs leave all over! Keep our lands clean! :thumbup1:

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lmao how about we jyst have boojs turned like death robes a newbie items , they are baxically usless for everting else. if not locked down poof, same as lose runes
Because newbie items are incapable of being locked down.

As for the response that people would start macroing books for points, I might be wrong, but I think the gold:book ratio makes it more expensive to macro books. Yeah, thieves could go steal boatloads of books, but, then, I suspect that there are more profitable ways of stealing for points, so that would be equally pointless.

And if the gold:book ratio isn't out of whack, make it out of whack so that it's at a 1:1 ratio at best.

But I definitely like the idea of points for books.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
No

I know its frustrating and annoying, but heck no.

:bdh:

Just to many loop holes with that. There needs to be a better more direct route.

Not sure what that is but lets not create a way to benefit them

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did a book pickup run had an unexpected escourt asking me if I knew I was about to be banned. Apparently an employee of the gold selling site behind the books, most of which are advertisements for selling gold. I found him amusing. Their the ones violating ToS, picking up litter isn't. :rolleyes:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get 10 Clean Up points for each one we trash? I'd have made a few thousand points yesterday and 540 so far today after one clean up run. My new favorite UO Grind. :p
No, No, and NO.

How easy would it be to write a moon-gate hopping script to pick up books and once pack is full recall to a trash can and trash them all? Or better yet, Just buy every book in the game, and trash them? Oh, does it have to be an advertisement for RMT, fine, just write an advertisement before trashing.

You don't like the books, don't read em.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why cant people just bin THE BOOKS!!! and DONT expect a reward for doing it... bloody jesus!!

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why cant people just bin THE BOOKS!!! and DONT expect a reward for doing it... bloody jesus!!
I was hoping for motivation for others to join in. The ToS violators keep placing gold selling site books all around Luna and at the moongates. Getting to be a major chunk of time picking them up and feeding the trash chest at Luna bank. :rolleyes:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It might work. Like so many others, I've tended to just ignore the books; but if there was a small perk to picking them up and disposing of them, I'd be inclined to pay more attention and actually do so.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might work. Like so many others, I've tended to just ignore the books; but if there was a small perk to picking them up and disposing of them, I'd be inclined to pay more attention and actually do so.
Having them scattered all over finally hit b.s. overload with me. Guess my six months on Siege left me liking a clean dipstick-free world.

Perhaps the Dev's will like my suggestion about being able to turn books into woodpulp or potash and I'll be able to haul them home as resources instead of just trashing the things.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Perhaps the Dev's will like my suggestion about being able to turn books into woodpulp or potash and I'll be able to haul them home as resources instead of just trashing the things.
That would be the best solution, and possibly even the easiest for them to implement.