• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Chance of a Book Dye Tub?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And by "book," I mean simply the little red and purple books we have today. I'd be fine with a limited palette like the statues or special dye tub, though I'd prefer a palette like the furniture dye tub...

But in short, it'd be nice to have player-made books that weren't all purple and red. It'd help with things like player-run museums, because you could put different types of information (such as regular in-game stuff, BNN stuff, and casual information stuff) all in different color books and have it stand out for people taking a tour.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would really love a runebook dye tub with the furny tup options... and a furny tub with the leather tub options.

Never quite understood why hot pink furny is ok but hot pink runebooks are not :p

pretty please

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And by "book," I mean simply the little red and purple books we have today. I'd be fine with a limited palette like the statues or special dye tub, though I'd prefer a palette like the furniture dye tub...

But in short, it'd be nice to have player-made books that weren't all purple and red. It'd help with things like player-run museums, because you could put different types of information (such as regular in-game stuff, BNN stuff, and casual information stuff) all in different color books and have it stand out for people taking a tour.
Yes to this idea! :thumbsup:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it would be nice. atleast more quests to get more book colors like thoes blood read ones from haven

D

Dragonchilde

it would be nice. atleast more quests to get more book colors like thoes blood read ones from haven
Yeah, this! I don't care about dying tubs (It's not that hard to inscribe something to a new book) but I'd love to see new quests for new colored books. I love my red-leather bound books!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wholeheartedly agree with this idea!

A shelf full of only two colors of books is ugly at best, and downright confusing if you are looking for a specific text...

"Was it this tiny red one, or that one.. or maybe this one... or one of those six over there?" *casts Copr Por on self*

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would really love a runebook dye tub with the furny tup options... and a furny tub with the leather tub options.

Never quite understood why hot pink furny is ok but hot pink runebooks are not :p

pretty please
Yeah, I'm with you on both of these too...

And one more request... please make the book dye tub (or covers or whatever... heck, I'd buy -- or craft -- one cover at a time and use one dye per cover in the process if need be... whatever) so that anyone can use them. This shouldn't be a vet reward. :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, there is the book quest in New Haven ... just make it a quest given by every scribe in the land, each consistently offering their own distinct hue?

B

Belanos/Icicle

there are several rare EM books with different hues, and they would be severely devalued with the introduction of a book dye tub. The only way I would support this idea is if the dye tub also added a marker in the name to signify that it is dyed with a tub (like an exceptionally crafted mark, except saying "Dyed" or something).